PR application and TWP info

Old Apr 28th 2008, 12:17 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold
Default PR application and TWP info

Hi

Ok this question is probably a stupid one - so i apologise in advance

Initially we were moving over on TWP and applying for PR via PNP. However, I was wondering, if its possible to apply for PR ( skilled worker) NOW and then if i get my job offer and LMO etc still apply for a TWP ( before PR is granted) or is it a case that if i apply for PR now then we have to wait until it comes through to move?

I did try and search for info but i got hundreds of diff threads on PR so it was easier just to ask my stupid question of the day

OK and now ive realised ive put it in the wrong thread - lol - hmmmm having a bad day

how do i delete it - or can a MOD move it for me plz

Last edited by Tanah; Apr 28th 2008 at 12:21 am. Reason: put it in wrong thread -
Old Apr 28th 2008, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all
Default Re: PR application and TWP info

Hi Tanah

You can apply for SW now and then continue with the LMO and TWP route when it comes through. Thats what we did we always new that we were going on TWP but we were not sure about lots of stuff so we put in a Simplified SW application in January. That was our backup plan in case things changed.

OH employer who is providing the LMo said it would be a year before they would apply for PNP so we are hoping to fast track our simplified app as soon as we have been there a few months.

HTH

Tom
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:01 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

There are two completely separate routes:

1) PNP: gets you TWP then PR (applications are linked).
2) Skilled worker (with arranged employment): LMO and TWP done first. Then skilled worker PR application once in Canada and have a permanent job offer.

Which are you doing? Do you have a job offer.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:25 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rob_999
There are two completely separate routes:

1) PNP: gets you TWP then PR (applications are linked).
2) Skilled worker (with arranged employment): LMO and TWP done first. Then skilled worker PR application once in Canada and have a permanent job offer.

Which are you doing? Do you have a job offer.
I know about PNP and that was our main route following a job offer as a nurse ( no I havent got one yet)

However as we are selling our house etc and things are going very slowly I was trying to find out if I could apply as skilled worker ( simplified route does not require a job offer). Then in the meantime if I get a job offer, would I be ok to apply for TWP still

Lauder99 answered that this would be ok as this is the route that they took, what I didnt want todo was apply for PR via skilled worker route and then get ' stuck' waiting for PR status.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hi Tanah

Your fine with your plan, the advantage of the simplified application is that you can withdraw it for a full refund at any time prior to them looking at it.

If you make sure that the principal applicant is the same as the person most likely to get the job offer it should be possible to fast track which depending on your circumstances may be quicker than PNP. Also worth considering that PNP has restrictions that don't apply to SW so if theres no time difference SW might actually be preferred.

Cheers
Tom
Old Apr 28th 2008, 7:16 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tanah
I know about PNP and that was our main route following a job offer as a nurse ( no I havent got one yet)

However as we are selling our house etc and things are going very slowly I was trying to find out if I could apply as skilled worker ( simplified route does not require a job offer). Then in the meantime if I get a job offer, would I be ok to apply for TWP still

Lauder99 answered that this would be ok as this is the route that they took, what I didnt want todo was apply for PR via skilled worker route and then get ' stuck' waiting for PR status.
Ok - understand. Yes you could put in skilled worker application now, but whats the point? They won't even look at it for 4 years. You might as well just wait until you have the job offer and then choose route then. Having simplified application in the system is going to save you no time whatsoever.

Only point in putting in application now would be as a backup plan if you feel like waiting the 4 years out.

Good luck!
Rob
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:33 pm
is Happy

Originally Posted by Rob_999
Ok - understand. Yes you could put in skilled worker application now, but whats the point? They won't even look at it for 4 years. You might as well just wait until you have the job offer and then choose route then. Having simplified application in the system is going to save you no time whatsoever.

Only point in putting in application now would be as a backup plan if you feel like waiting the 4 years out.

Good luck!
Rob
Ah ha - i see now, thats what i was trying to find out. I wasnt sure that if following this new ruling in march regarding PR applications ( skilled worker) - something about anyone applying after march 08 will be processed differently - theres been alot of threads on it.- It would work out any faster - but i suppose their idea of faster is 3yrs instead of 4. So i'll stick with my plan of twp then PNP or twp and SW app

Thanks