PR application returned

Old Jun 23rd 2018, 11:50 pm
Account Closed

TheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really nice
Default PR application returned

looking for a bit of advise, we have been notified that our PR application has been returned as something is wrong or missing! Our problem is the return of our pack crossed with us moving out to Canada. they have sent our pack back to our UK address as they hadn’t updated our address in time. We do have a postal redirection set up from the UK to Canada, does anyone know if cic allow letters to be redirected? Or will it be returned to the cic. It’s 4 weeks since we had a email notifying us of its return, so worried it’s been lost in the post. Trying to find a telephone number for the cic to try to sort this out, does anyone have this.

Thanks
Old Jun 24th 2018, 5:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR application returned

Sorry to hear this.

Is is there a reason you need the pack back urgently? Could you not just reapply?
Old Jun 24th 2018, 6:00 pm
Account Closed

TheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really niceTheNorms is just really nice

We are gutted as we both checked the pack so carefully and cross checked the checklist so god only knows what we have missed off or filled in incorrectly. We wanted the pack back so we could find out what was wrong as our email didn’t go into any detail, also it has my original ILETS certificate, I will have to go through the process of requesting a new certificate. I’ve been informed that they will only issue a duplicate cert directly to immigration, I will insert a copy of my IELTS and a letter of explanation hopefully that will be ok.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 6:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I wouldn’t risk applying without IELTS if it’s mandatory for your type of app.

What route are you applying under, is it time critical i.e. PNP?
Old Jun 24th 2018, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

We are applying under the AIPP scheme. If I do need a duplicate very the IELTS company will send the duplicate certificate direct to Sydney. So we just hope our pack arrives in Canada via Royal Mail postal redirection very soon. Would be good to hear how long others have had to wait for the pack to be returned. We will call client support tomorrow to try to get some info.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 8:47 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheNorms
looking for a bit of advise, we have been notified that our PR application has been returned as something is wrong or missing! Our problem is the return of our pack crossed with us moving out to Canada. they have sent our pack back to our UK address as they hadn’t updated our address in time. We do have a postal redirection set up from the UK to Canada, does anyone know if cic allow letters to be redirected? Or will it be returned to the cic. It’s 4 weeks since we had a email notifying us of its return, so worried it’s been lost in the post. Trying to find a telephone number for the cic to try to sort this out, does anyone have this.

Thanks

Did you do a change of address online https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/int...ion.do?app=coa or by case specific enquiry? https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...962.1412879088

I realise you have an international redirect on your mail but there are restrictions on it - have you checked with them that they would redirect a large envelope as would contain your application and all the documentation in support of it, to an international address? I had a redirect on mail for many years but only received standard letter size envelopes (24cm x 16cm x 0.5cm) with 1 or 2 sheets of paper in them..

I'm a little concerned for you, as on the website it says: "We can’t redirect: Items to an address outside the UK that are larger than letter size..." - perhaps contact them to check - there's a link on the right hand side that says 'I'm having a problem with my redirect" or similar, with the advice to contact them with the details..
https://personal.help.royalmail.com/...-redirected%3F

I'm sorry if I seem a bit pessimistic, but I think you may have to be prepared to start filling out a new application, to be on the safe side... if the other one turns up eventually, all well and good but if you have time constraints there isn't really a lot of time to wait in case it turns up - probably easier to start from scratch and resubmit it. Handy hint, read the application from back to front.. it's very easy to miss something crucial despite reading it 'the right way around' -

Ugh, how frustrating!

Unfortunately I'm not sure it would help to call the misinformation line as your application hasn't started processing (as they returned it as incomplete) so they may not be able to help. You could, perhaps reply to the email you received informing you of it's return, and explain the issue and ask if they can notify you of the reason why it was returned or attach a copy of the letter that was sent. If you did want to try calling them, the number can be found on the RCIC website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...rt-centre.html but do please be aware that they are not Immigration or visa officers, it's a call center where the clerks have stock responses. HTH's.

Keeping everything crossed for you.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 24th 2018 at 9:06 pm. Reason: formatting
Old Jun 24th 2018, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

That’s what we fear, we have been in contact with the new occupants of our house just in case it’s delivered. Although we did receive a very large size package the other day which surprised us, so keeping fingers crossed. We have updated our address with them, we will make the call tomorrow to the helpline and if we can’t get anything from them a new application pack will be submitted.
Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 11:00 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheNorms
That’s what we fear, we have been in contact with the new occupants of our house just in case it’s delivered. Although we did receive a very large size package the other day which surprised us, so keeping fingers crossed. We have updated our address with them, we will make the call tomorrow to the helpline and if we can’t get anything from them a new application pack will be submitted.
Thanks for your help.
You are most welcome

If you do call, make sure that whoever is the main (primary) applicant is the one to talk to them and have the ID/UCI number handy http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcen...qnum=772&top=4 - they may not give any information to 'dependents' on the application.

Are you able to get another copy of the offer of employment from your employer? What about getting police certificates from the UK (and anywhere else you have lived, other than Canada) - can you get that done quickly? If you do end up having to make another application from scratch, I strongly suggest you make a copy of each page for future reference
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...am.html#5424E3

Best of luck.. and do keep us updated!

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 24th 2018 at 11:18 pm.