Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Application - London Office - Awaiting Decision

PR Application - London Office - Awaiting Decision

Old Feb 4th 2014, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

JennyH1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR Application - London Office - Awaiting Decision

That is the case for me. Both my common law partner and I have not lived in any other country other than England. My common law partner was in the air force though and did a very brief stint in Iraq in 2004.

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I am afraid in the last 12 months I have seen them request them very quickly from packs heading to London/Ottawa from CIO Sydney. I have numerous clients near to medicals expiring and no sniff of PR being issued and they are not clients with complicated cases such as living anywhere other than the UK or with criminal issues.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 4:07 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I am afraid in the last 12 months I have seen them request them very quickly from packs heading to London/Ottawa from CIO Sydney. I have numerous clients near to medicals expiring and no sniff of PR being issued and they are not clients with complicated cases such as living anywhere other than the UK or with criminal issues.
That will have to change then. Someone's bad idea is not playing out.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Could the delay have something to do with the striking that happening in Summer 2013?? We were requested to do the medicals in April 2013 then the striking happened. How badly does a strike affect the visa office in terms of how far behind it puts them regarding processing of the applications?

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
That will have to change then. Someone's bad idea is not playing out.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 5:05 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JennyH1988
Could the delay have something to do with the striking that happening in Summer 2013?? We were requested to do the medicals in April 2013 then the striking happened. How badly does a strike affect the visa office in terms of how far behind it puts them regarding processing of the applications?
The strike didn't really affect CIC London at all - it's more to do with them taking on work loads from other CIC offices that closed.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

lizababa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Everyone so for a bit of background here is my timeline;

Application Received - Nov 2012 (PR Application from within Canada)
Medicals Requested - March 2013
Medicals Completed and RPRF - April 20, 2013
Medicals Results received Appears on E-cas (not sure when) - I also find it curious that my application still just says 'application received', when medicals have been completed and RPRF has been paid. I assume it has to be in process if medicals have been done?

In November I emailed London office to ask for an update and this was the response;

Please be advised that our office received your documents and your file is currently in a queue, awaiting review by an Immigration Officer.

Unfortunately, we are unable to proceed with your application until this review is complete.

It is likely that your file will be reviewed early in the new year.
Sincerely,

EFL

Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commissariat du Canada
1 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 4AB/Londres W1K 4AB
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni
Telephone/Telephone 0207 2586600
Facsimile/Telecopieur 0207 2586506
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada
Twitter: @ CanadianUK | @ CanadienRU

Can someone tell me what they mean by review? At what point in the application process is the review ?

Without really any updates on E-cas I am unsure what point they are in the whole process.

I'm getting a little anxious as the medicals will be expired in 2 months time. (I realise they can be extended but why would they ask for them so early on if they had no chance of finalising the application before they expire?)

Any help would be great!
I think you have been lucky to have had your medicals alreadyand you applied 2012!we came over in 2010 and still waiting for PR and medical requests and came over on FSWP so we are extremely fed up. We have a consultant and got the local LMA to inquire and were told medical requests were sent outin 2012 which they weren't so we dont know which way to turn anymore
Old Mar 10th 2014, 9:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizababa
I think you have been lucky to have had your medicals alreadyand you applied 2012!we came over in 2010 and still waiting for PR and medical requests and came over on FSWP so we are extremely fed up. We have a consultant and got the local LMA to inquire and were told medical requests were sent outin 2012 which they weren't so we dont know which way to turn anymore
When did you actually apply and via which visa office?
Old Mar 11th 2014, 12:40 am
Just Joined

We applied initially in April 2010 and it went to Sydney for first stage approval which we got in the September and then the second part of the application went to London. We applied under the federal skilled worker application as I had been offered a job. Came over in February on a temp visa which has since been renewed. Financially Canada has ruined us. Four children, two who are now 21 and 23 who have no healthcare or social security numbers. 2 years of international university fees and can no longer go. We had paid our mortgage off before we left and were financially stable. No longer, supporting seven over four years. We were told it would take 6 to nine months for PR.... Apparently not!
Old Mar 11th 2014, 1:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

We applied initially in April 2010 and it went to Sydney for first stage approval which we got in the September and then the second part of the application went to London.
OK, so you're actually still close to processing times - currently 43 months for applications via London. What does your Ecas say?

Financially Canada has ruined us. Four children, two who are now 21 and 23 who have no healthcare or social security numbers.
Why do they not have healthcare? Which province are you in? Can they not work?
Old Mar 11th 2014, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

I got a reply from London the other day saying we were still in a queue for review. They also asked for updated documents that that it can go through quicker once it reaches that persons desk. I was surprised at them being somewhat pro-active. I would hate for it to finally get to someone's hands and then them have to wait at that point for updated docs and go to the bottom of another pile!!!
Old Mar 11th 2014, 4:12 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I got a reply from London the other day saying we were still in a queue for review. They also asked for updated documents that that it can go through quicker once it reaches that persons desk. I was surprised at them being somewhat pro-active. I would hate for it to finally get to someone's hands and then them have to wait at that point for updated docs and go to the bottom of another pile!!!
Every time they ask for any information there is a 'Brought Forward' date entered on your file, which is the date that you file will be examined again.

Old Mar 11th 2014, 4:23 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

We applied initially in April 2010 and it went to Sydney for first stage approval which we got in the September and then the second part of the application went to London. We applied under the federal skilled worker application as I had been offered a job. Came over in February on a temp visa which has since been renewed. Financially Canada has ruined us. Four children, two who are now 21 and 23 who have no healthcare or social security numbers. 2 years of international university fees and can no longer go. We had paid our mortgage off before we left and were financially stable. No longer, supporting seven over four years. We were told it would take 6 to nine months for PR.... Apparently not!
If your children had applied for the IEC program they could have got work permits.

Your PR application should be finalised soon, according to this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ottawa.asp#faq
MI02/03 – All files received between June 26, 2010 and June 30,2012 will be assessed in 2013

MI01 – Files received between Feb 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010: as many as possible will be processed in 2013.

There is a commitment to complete MI1 cases by fall, 2014
It must have been hard for you all, my sympathies.

Old Mar 11th 2014, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Would I have to buy the CAPS notes to see this information?

They basically asked for updated documents for the new/updated versions of their forms. kind of feels like I'm giving them the same information over again as nothing has really changed. Although I suppose some of the formats and information on these new forms will be needed.

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Every time they ask for any information there is a 'Brought Forward' date entered on your file, which is the date that you file will be examined again.

Old Mar 11th 2014, 5:09 am
Banned

Would I have to buy the CAPS notes to see this information?

They basically asked for updated documents for the new/updated versions of their forms. kind of feels like I'm giving them the same information over again as nothing has really changed. Although I suppose some of the formats and information on these new forms will be needed.
That is a good sign. Being asked for updated background information is a step in the right direction - hopefully you will be asked to get your medicals done soon, if you haven't already.

You would need your CAIPS notes to see that information, there is no fee if you live in Canada.

you hear soon!
Old Mar 11th 2014, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Yea we have already done the medicals which is the reason I contacted them in the first place. I wanted to know what the procedure was when they expired and when they would let us know if they had been extended or otherwise. Our current medical will be 1 year old on April 20.

Originally Posted by Siouxie
That is a good sign. Being asked for updated background information is a step in the right direction - hopefully you will be asked to get your medicals done soon, if you haven't already.

You would need your CAIPS notes to see that information, there is no fee if you live in Canada.

you hear soon!
Old Mar 11th 2014, 6:34 am
Just Joined

We live in Nova Scotia. They can't work because they are dependents on my work visa and they don't have healthcare because they are dependents for immigration only. For healthcare they are only dependents under the age of 19. Huge gap in the immigration process for dependents between the age of 19 and 22. Hindsight is a wonderful thing they say but we did so much research before we came and it still wasn't enough. We would never have signed up for this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.