PR APPLICATION HELP!

Old Dec 2nd 2007, 1:16 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 193
Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough
Default PR APPLICATION HELP!

hi folks
I arrived here in Canada on April 2007 with a Working-Holiday permit...I received the renewal ( a proper work Visa) on October 2007.
Now I am gathering all the info I need for the Permanent Residentship.
I read all the section in CIC website but there is something i did not catch...
I AM TALKING ABOUT THE REGULAR PROCESS!
1...I can send the application to Buffalo after a year I am legally admitted into Canada,right? So in April 2008. Is this correct?
2 about Arranged Employment :I have a work Visa, my employer is willing to give me a full time job if my PR application is accepted, he is going to have the Arranged Employment Opinion.(which i hope is ok)
so is it enough to have 10 points or my Visa should be valid for 12 or more months after the date of the application? So should I have to apply for the renewal of the Visa well earlier of Expiring date and then submit the PR application or what?
What about the fingerprints?
And last but not least what does notarized copies means????
Please help me.
Thank you all folks
Quarte_2005 is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 1:24 am
  #2  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 494
Beebop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR APPLICATION HELP!

It means you took them to a notary who certified them as original copies by signing & stamping them. The notary in our case was our solicitor.
Beebop is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 5:21 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 193
Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: PR APPLICATION HELP!

Originally Posted by Beebop
It means you took them to a notary who certified them as original copies by signing & stamping them. The notary in our case was our solicitor.
Ok thanks for this help buddy...
Quarte_2005 is offline  
Old Dec 4th 2007, 3:56 am
  #4  
Swollen Member
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto (thank goodness)
Posts: 1,267
geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR APPLICATION HELP!

Originally Posted by Quarte_2005
hi folks
I arrived here in Canada on April 2007 with a Working-Holiday permit...I received the renewal ( a proper work Visa) on October 2007.
Now I am gathering all the info I need for the Permanent Residentship.
I read all the section in CIC website but there is something i did not catch...
I AM TALKING ABOUT THE REGULAR PROCESS!
1...I can send the application to Buffalo after a year I am legally admitted into Canada,right? So in April 2008. Is this correct?
2 about Arranged Employment :I have a work Visa, my employer is willing to give me a full time job if my PR application is accepted, he is going to have the Arranged Employment Opinion.(which i hope is ok)
so is it enough to have 10 points or my Visa should be valid for 12 or more months after the date of the application? So should I have to apply for the renewal of the Visa well earlier of Expiring date and then submit the PR application or what?
What about the fingerprints?
And last but not least what does notarized copies means????
Please help me.
Thank you all folks
Hi we're in a very similar situation. I arrived in October 2006 and got a 'proper' work permit in November 2007. This means I can apply through buffalo as I have been working here for more than a year.
geo4 is offline  
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:40 am
  #5  
Bring on the snow!
 
Rob_999's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,420
Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR APPLICATION HELP!

DO NOT apply to Buffalo. If you apply through London and can get points for Arranged employment (ie are working in Canada on a valid work permit (not BUNAC), and have a perm job offer) then your application will get fast tracked.

It's your responsibility to maintain a legal status in Canada while the PR application is being processed. So yes, you may need to apply for a LMO & WP extension.
Rob_999 is offline  
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:43 am
  #6  
Swollen Member
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto (thank goodness)
Posts: 1,267
geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR APPLICATION HELP!

Originally Posted by Rob_999
DO NOT apply to Buffalo. If you apply through London and can get points for Arranged employment (ie are working in Canada on a valid work permit (not BUNAC), and have a perm job offer) then your application will get fast tracked.

It's your responsibility to maintain a legal status in Canada while the PR application is being processed. So yes, you may need to apply for a LMO & WP extension.
Yes am working on 2 year work permit which expires October 2009, and have full time job offer through current employer.

So I should apply through London?? And I could be looking at as little as 6 months for this process??
geo4 is offline  
Old Dec 4th 2007, 5:42 am
  #7  
Bring on the snow!
 
Rob_999's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,420
Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR APPLICATION HELP!

Originally Posted by geo4
Yes am working on 2 year work permit which expires October 2009, and have full time job offer through current employer.

So I should apply through London?? And I could be looking at as little as 6 months for this process??
yes - they used to quote 6 mths on the CIC london website, but I noticed this got removed recently. It's still likely to be much quicker than Buffalo...

Make sure you include the following in your application:

1) last 3 mths payslips/prior year tax return to prove you are working in Canada
2) letter from employer stating that they will convert current employment into permanent employment on you being granted PR status
3) copies of all previous & current work permits
4) copy of LMO (not required but any extra info helps)
5) Cover letter politely requesting priority processing
Rob_999 is offline  
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:47 am
  #8  
Swollen Member
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto (thank goodness)
Posts: 1,267
geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR APPLICATION HELP!

Originally Posted by Rob_999
yes - they used to quote 6 mths on the CIC london website, but I noticed this got removed recently. It's still likely to be much quicker than Buffalo...

Make sure you include the following in your application:

1) last 3 mths payslips/prior year tax return to prove you are working in Canada
2) letter from employer stating that they will convert current employment into permanent employment on you being granted PR status
3) copies of all previous & current work permits
4) copy of LMO (not required but any extra info helps)
5) Cover letter politely requesting priority processing
Top man- thanks!!
geo4 is offline  
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:38 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 193
Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: PR APPLICATION HELP!

Originally Posted by geo4
Top man- thanks!!
thank you very much
Quarte_2005 is offline  
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:37 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43
syeven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR APPLICATION HELP!

Which province are you in? PNP and an application through London worked really well for me. 6 months from start to finish.
syeven is offline  
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:14 am
  #11  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 193
Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: PR APPLICATION HELP!

i am in Ontario.
Application through Fedaral Skilled Worker
Quarte_2005 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.