Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Application cancelled due to missing document

PR Application cancelled due to missing document

Old Oct 12th 2021, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Zookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Application cancelled due to missing document

Hi Guys,

Actually feel a bit sick writing this but I had an ITA in July for the CEC pathway. We got all of our documents together, I checked and double checked them and thought I was incredibly careful, however last week I got a letter saying our application had been cancelled due to it being incomplete. I had forgotten to attach my actual Canadian Diploma - I feel incredibly stupid. I did attach my official transcripts and a letter from the university stating I had completed the diploma (this was the evidence needed when I applied for a PGWP) but I forgot the actual certificate. I immediately filled in a web form on Oct 5 attaching the document and asking them if they would reconsider , but I imagine it will take a while for them to respond to that if ever. We had just submitted our biometrics and had done all the medicals, police checks everything. I don't know what to do now. Do I wait 10 days and see if I get any response? Do I set up another Express Entry profile. I have a really low score of 372 because I'm 47 and my husband hasn't brought any points to the table. He has no education we can sufficiently prove (he's from Ghana), he is a bus driver (Noc C) and he hasn't done the english test yet, he's not great at reading and writing (but he's gonna have to now I guess). We were super lucky to get an ITA when we did. I have done all of the visa updates for the whole family myself so far so thought I knew what I was doing at this point. If we have to do it again I am getting a lawyer to check everything before I submit it.

I think I may be eligible for a BC PNP, via the international graduate route.....but not 100% sure. Do I go and speak to a lawyer to see what my options moving forward are. We have a daughter who is almost 20 so we really wanted to get PR in the bag ASAP. Also she is an international student at a university here and the fees are crippling us.

Also if I do another Express Entry profile can I update it, add to it etc. Is it worth my putting down my husbands work history when none of it actually counts towards anything anyway - yet they still asked for all of his documents and work references when I was submitted the forms last time.

I also read somewhere that if a document is submitted supporting the documents already there then it is at the discretion of the individual visa officer as to whether they reopen the file. (Marr v Canada) Although I think this case was based on a refusal and not just a rejection.

I'm in a pickle and can't think straight. We have until Oct 2023 on our work permits so we have a bit of time but if I need to find another route I don't want to be sitting around waiting to see if CIC reply to my webform. Any insights or words of wisdom here would be grateful.

Thanks

Sam

Old Oct 13th 2021, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Application cancelled due to missing document

I feel for you. I really really do. EE is such an unforgiving system.

I'm not going to be liked on here for saying this but I agree with you that you should get Representation for your next application so that you can be sure you make a complete application this time without driving yourself nuts. In addition, it might be helpful for exploring other options as well as CEC since your score is not so high.

Last edited by Snowy560; Oct 13th 2021 at 4:06 am.