Wikiposts

PR

Old Oct 25th 2010, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

fi816 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR

Hi
My husband, myself and our two boys have PR. We landed in Oct 2008 so have to be back for Oct 2011. Can I ask does this mean we all have to be back for this time or does it just apply to my husband who was the main applicant? Also am I right in thinking that it doesn't have to be 2 years continuous eg if we went back in Sep and if we had to return to the uk for whatever we could do so?

Thank you in advance fi x
Old Oct 25th 2010, 5:51 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR

Originally Posted by fi816
Hi
My husband, myself and our two boys have PR. We landed in Oct 2008 so have to be back for Oct 2011. Can I ask does this mean we all have to be back for this time or does it just apply to my husband who was the main applicant? Also am I right in thinking that it doesn't have to be 2 years continuous eg if we went back in Sep and if we had to return to the uk for whatever we could do so?

Each person with PR has to maintain their residency requirement. The time requirement is two years out of the past 5, revolving. If you don't leave enough spare time, you may even be able to leave the country for an overnight in the US without losing residency, nor family emergencies in the UK should they arrive.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 5:59 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fi816
Hi

As Aviator says, you ALL need to be back in Canada by Oct 2011. If you go back at this time, you'll (in theory) not be able to leave the country for 2 whole years otherwise you risk losing your PR.

Not sure how strict they are or how closely monitored it is but i'm not interested in finding out
Old Oct 25th 2010, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd imagine they're a lot stricter now after the "Canadians of convenience" incident in Lebanon a couple of years ago.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

fi816 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. What we thought but decided to check.

Fi x