British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   PPR - Visa: Share Timelines? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/ppr-visa-share-timelines-405169/)

scott&jay Oct 30th 2006 8:34 pm

PPR - Visa: Share Timelines?

Hi

Just wondering what the average wait (if there IS such a thing with CHC!) is for getting passports back. Sent last Thursday, so don't know whether to expect 3 weeks or 3 months, as the letter said 60 WORKING days. And we all know how FAST CHC London is :eek:

Anyone who can advise?

Ta!

Scott :D

RobinHood Oct 30th 2006 9:05 pm

Re: PPR - Visa: Share Timelines?

Originally Posted by scott&jay
Hi

Just wondering what the average wait (if there IS such a thing with CHC!) is for getting passports back. Sent last Thursday, so don't know whether to expect 3 weeks or 3 months, as the letter said 60 WORKING days. And we all know how FAST CHC London is :eek:

Anyone who can advise?

Ta!

Over a month for our 4 Visas - the slowest part of our whole application. Seen them returned within a fortnight though.

Almost Canadian Oct 31st 2006 12:18 pm

Hi

Anyone who can advise?

Ta!

Most people would be green with envy if their applications had been processed as quickly as yours - some work permit applications have taken longer. :D

I hope Canada is everything you expect it to be :cool:

scott&jay Oct 31st 2006 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Dying to leave England
Most people would be green with envy if their applications had been processed as quickly as yours - some work permit applications have taken longer. :D

I hope Canada is everything you expect it to be :cool:

If you are on a skilled worker application, I appreciate it looks fast for us PNP lucky souls and it is MUCH less stressful I am sure for us. But Robin's was even quicker than ours! You also have to factor in the year it took to get registered as a nurse in BC and all the hoops THAT involved! I too hope Canada is everything we want it to be. Let's face it, bit late now!! :D

Elli and Paul Oct 31st 2006 7:28 pm

If you are on a skilled worker application, I appreciate it looks fast for us PNP lucky souls and it is MUCH less stressful I am sure for us. But Robin's was even quicker than ours! You also have to factor in the year it took to get registered as a nurse in BC and all the hoops THAT involved! I too hope Canada is everything we want it to be. Let's face it, bit late now!! :D

Hi Scott

I totally agree that the PNP does look fast, and compared to the wait predicted for us back in May, it is.

However prior to getting nominated Paul had to go through a very hard application process to actually get the job and be lucky enough to recieve one of the PNP places, not everyone was as lucky.

I believe that all applications can be stressful at times and the waiting, no matter how long, can be frustrating :mad:

Thank goodness for BE and all the great people that encourage and support you along the journey, no matter how long :D

Elli :)

scott&jay Nov 9th 2006 5:12 pm

Anyone else shed some light on average timeline to get your passports back with shiny new visa inside them? Not panicking yet, they have had them for 2 weeks, but SO desperate to hand in notice at work it hurts! :D

Scott

Annie1 Nov 11th 2006 7:45 pm

Anyone else shed some light on average timeline to get your passports back with shiny new visa inside them? Not panicking yet, they have had them for 2 weeks, but SO desperate to hand in notice at work it hurts! :D

Scott

Hi Scott,

Still waiting for our passports back as well. We are on two weeks now. Will post when we hear something. Nearly there now.

Annie

britishvixen21 Nov 12th 2006 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Annie1
Hi Scott,

Still waiting for our passports back as well. We are on two weeks now. Will post when we hear something. Nearly there now.

Annie

Mine took 21 days to get back to me, but i am in Canada already and sent them to London and they sent them back.