PPR received..24th July

Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Chancey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PPR received..24th July

Yipppeeeee, we have returned from our holiday in Portugal today and have received our PPR. we had our medicals on the 3rd July (3 weeks). We are all so excited, and in shock. I have made appointments for the estate agents to come out on Thursday, the house will be up for sales by Monday... my heads spinning.

Has anyone got any idea of shipping costs, I want to take my dinning room furniture and lounge furniture and other personal bits and pieces with us. Could do with some good contacts.

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
The Chanceys
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of
Default Re: PPR received..24th July

Originally Posted by Chancey
Yipppeeeee, we have returned from our holiday in Portugal today and have received our PPR. we had our medicals on the 3rd July (3 weeks). We are all so excited, and in shock. I have made appointments for the estate agents to come out on Thursday, the house will be up for sales by Monday... my heads spinning.

Has anyone got any idea of shipping costs, I want to take my dinning room furniture and lounge furniture and other personal bits and pieces with us. Could do with some good contacts.

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
The Chanceys
Oooooh three weeks, eh?

We had our meds on 12th. Exciting or what?

We have already had quotes from PSS (www.pss.uk.com), F+N (www.fnworldwide.com), and Doree Bonner (www.doreebonner.co.uk).

So far (for a 4-bed house and contents) the cheapest quote (without insurance) was from F+N - around £3500 inc VAT. We are also getting quotes from Anglo Pacific and Whites.

There are plenty of threads on this subject, together with recommendations on how good (or bad) respective companies have been.

Let us know how you get on as we have yet to make a final decision.

Simon & Laura
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I have used GB Liners £4500 to Alberta - fab service so far. Was shipped yesterday
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Gaynor and Simon... we have a thousand and one questions. Gaynor have your shipped everything over, how about your computer and other electrical items

Thanks
Annette
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:22 am
Since 010205

l i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nice

Hi Chancey

Congratulations on your PPR. We're in a very similar situation, we got our PPR on Monday following meds on 25th June, house is on the market (4 weeks, 1 offer but then withdrew)

We've had quotes from 4 moving companies (Pickfords, PSS, Anglo Pacific, Robinsons), ranging from £3600 - £4000 for 20 ft container. Plenty of previous threads on here about moving experiences.

Good luck ..........
Old Aug 1st 2007, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa, thanks for the advice. I will keep my fingers crossed for your house sale. We will have the for sale board up next week. I have told work today that we are going to Canada, I have kept it quiet until now. It feels like a dream.

We will have to get some quotes now from shipping companies, it seems they range from 3k to 4.5k

I will keep you updated
Thanks again
Annette
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Gaynor and Simon... we have a thousand and one questions. Gaynor have your shipped everything over, how about your computer and other electrical items

Thanks
Annette
Hi Annette

Have shipped my laptop and TV, DVD and Video too. Have used the Laptop fine before on a normal adapter plug so know that will be ok.

Only reason for shipping the UK tv is to play Nathan's PS2 games on - but think that you need a downconverter or something for it. We have a tonne of dVD's so will also be able to play these on that TV (handy if someone is watching cable in the upstairs lounge) and the video we have also plays NTSC as standard - something we bought by chance really.

Goods not due to land till 26th August.

Just to let you know that was packed by GB Liners July 30th.
I leave the country August 5th
Goods set sail on August 9th
Estimated arrival date in Calgary August 26th.

Gaynor
x
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Gaynor, I wish you and your family all the best. Have you brought a house to move straight into or will you be renting. We are looking to go over for a week at the end of September/begining of October to sort out accommodation and schools etc.,

Have you sorted out an internet provider for when you arrive

Thanks again
Annette
x
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Gaynor, I wish you and your family all the best. Have you brought a house to move straight into or will you be renting. We are looking to go over for a week at the end of September/begining of October to sort out accommodation and schools etc.,

Have you sorted out an internet provider for when you arrive

Thanks again
Annette
x
Hi Annette

We are in a rental at the mo - I moved into it during my visit in May - and will be looking to buy as soon as we find something that suits us.

Have got the Shaw bundle - cable, phone and internet seems to be ok no problems yet except for my daughter running over the 1000 free uk minutes
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:44 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

try negotiating the insurance percentage - we went with allied pickfords . we realised that due to us shipping low volume but high value that the insurance was going to cost more than the shipping. Ben managed to negotiate 0.5% off the insurance . You don't ask , you don't get!!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 6:37 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

That seems amazingly quick with meds done 3rd July. It takes two weeks for blood results to come back with xrays, that would be 17th July, then sending results to CIC and you received PPR before 31st July.

Absolutely lightning speed !!

Hope ours done on 5th July are as quick but I know they weren't sent off until 16 days after that date. Would suit us to receive it later as wife and daughter flying out end of Aug so we can send them all back from Canada together.

Paul
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

No, we had x-rays and blood done on the 25th June, then the medicals were with someone different - the results of the blood etc., had to be sent to the medical people for the 3rd July.

Annette
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

refq is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats..........
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Refq
Thanks, it feels surreal, we have to keep pinching ourselves. Have you got long to wait

Annette
Old Aug 7th 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Refq
Thanks, it feels surreal, we have to keep pinching ourselves. Have you got long to wait

Annette

I've been pinching myself for ages ..... ooops! wrong forum.

Simon