Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

ppr letter content--kindly clarify

ppr letter content--kindly clarify

Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

raool is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ppr letter content--kindly clarify

Hello,

This is my second post in the forum..I had applied from london in 06 while i was in UK and am currently in Delhi(my hometown)..I would need a tourist visa to go to chc london to get passport stamped..my current employer is not giving me leave and I cant send indian passport by mail/courier/through anybody(external affairs ministry says it can land me into trouble).I am lucky to receive ppr just 12 days after medicals.

My ppr letter is of 60 days and it states "

Submit your passport, photos and information within 60 days of the date of this letter. Please see the last page of this letter for information about submitting your passports, photos and information.

Unless your passport expires on an earlier date, your visas will expire one year from the date of your medical examinations. You must enter Canada on or before this date. If your passport, or any of your family members’ passports, are due to expire before this date, all visas will expire on the date that the first passport expires.

The validity of a Permanent Resident visa cannot be extended, nor can a replacement visa be issued with a new validity date.

If you do not provide us with your passport(s) before the expiry of your visa or you do not use your visa(s) before their expiry date, and you still wish to immigrate to Canada, you will have to submit a new application and processing fee. A new application would be assessed according to the Immigration Act and Regulations in force at that time."

Does this line "If you do not provide us with your passport(s) before the expiry of your visa"
mean i can submit passports before sept 2010 as I did medicals in sept 2009.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

ESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really nice
Default Re: ppr letter content--kindly clarify

"Submit your passport, photos and information within 60 days of the date of this letter."

This is what it says. This is what you do.

You have 60 days - you don't have a year.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice

you have 60 days from date of letter. Once visa is physically in passport, you will have 12months from the date of medical to actually land, thereby activating your visa.
If you do not send your passport within 60 days, they will reject your application, and you would have to start at the beginning again.
If you dont land before the expiry date (12 months from original medical) your visa will also expire.
You somehow need to either get your passport sent over, or get yourself over here.
Fingers crossed you manage to work something out with your employer
Old Nov 11th 2009, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

ESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really nice

I've never heard of anybody trying this but I wonder if you get CIC to let you get the Visa at the Canadian mission in India. I assume that there's High Commission in Delhi.

I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is no. Your file, with your photos and other identification, is in London and they probably check your passport against it before issuing a visa.

Might be worth the question.

As to your employer: Once you've got that visa you can go to Canada anytime before its expiry. You could just resign your job, fly to London, get the visa, fly to Canada and start your new life.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 4:22 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Also you may need to do this in the UK in person, either mailing it in the UK or taking it in personally. I believe it is illegal to send Indian passports across international boundaries by mail or courier.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice

Originally Posted by ESarge
As to your employer: Once you've got that visa you can go to Canada anytime before its expiry. You could just resign your job, fly to London, get the visa, fly to Canada and start your new life.
It may be slightly different on you passport request, but on mine you cant drop it off and get visa same day, london only accepts passports being dropped of in person on thursdays, and then you have to collect it in 2 weeks time. So you should be prepared to have to stay in London for a period of time.