Wikiposts

PPR At last.....

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Hinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant future
Default Re: PPR At last.....

Originally Posted by achak
Hello, Finally our PPR has arrived

I think I am still in shock

I'm after practical advice now: Can anyone tell me the nearest tube station to CHC? I think it is Bond street but not sure. Also what is the queue like? I'm hoping we don't have to camp out from 6am!!!
We are looking to leave this wonderful country at the end of November. Did any of you take any details from your doctors/dentists/schools etc? I have got the children's basic school reports and sats but I don't know if there is anything else you can take that will help at the other end...

I think I am off for an early drink now...

Angela

Congratulations. No long to go now.

Can't help with schools, sorry (no kids). Brought over our dental and doctor's records but when registering were told they weren't needed.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

achak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hinwinnipeg
Congratulations. No long to go now.

Can't help with schools, sorry (no kids). Brought over our dental and doctor's records but when registering were told they weren't needed.
Thanks,

Did they just do a complete check when you registered???

Angela
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Hinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by achak
Thanks,

Did they just do a complete check when you registered???

Angela
No, just filled in forms, name, DOB, address etc. Saw Doctor/Dentist, got sorted, paid and left.
Have kept the records just in case they ask for them at a later date.

Had to show our Manitoba Health Card.

Last edited by Hinwinnipeg; Oct 23rd 2007 at 8:08 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

pixieelvis is an unknown quantity at this point

We are also leaving end of November. We have asked the schools for a letter for both our boys to summarise what stage the boys are at and a general reference. I have compiled a profile on them both which contains a description of personality, hobbies, etc. It also includes the last years worth of school reports and any certificates that they have gained. We have also asked our GP for a copy of our records which is being organised for us at a cost of course. Our dentist said there was no beed for our dental records as they ususally start again whereever you go. As for utility companies we haven't approached them for references. Good luck to all of those waiting
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Angela,

i hope ours hurry up.....

best wishes,

Tina
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=achak;5459037]
Originally Posted by manghams

Thanks for the congratulations. I am suprised nobody has answered re the doctor/dentist/schools. I am not sure what to do. What did you ask from the utility co's? Where are you off to?

Angela
I asked the utilities for confirmation of good credit; they have not been helpful so far, seems they can only writer letters if you owe them money!
Currently trying insurance companies.... we will see.
We are heading for LaSalle Ontario just as soon as the house completes.
It seems to have taken forever, our purchaser has applied for an Islamic mortgage which involves another set of solicitors!!! Who are raising the most bizarre enquiries.
Not to mention the fact that our new house is still not finished
Michál
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixieelvis
We are also leaving end of November. We have asked the schools for a letter for both our boys to summarise what stage the boys are at and a general reference. I have compiled a profile on them both which contains a description of personality, hobbies, etc. It also includes the last years worth of school reports and any certificates that they have gained. We have also asked our GP for a copy of our records which is being organised for us at a cost of course. Our dentist said there was no beed for our dental records as they ususally start again whereever you go. As for utility companies we haven't approached them for references. Good luck to all of those waiting

How great a charge did the doctor applied, its £25.00 just to get a form filled in at ours!
Like you, my kids schools have been helpful.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

dreamon will become famous soon enoughdreamon will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: PPR At last.....

Hi guys

Have you tried getting a copy of your credit report from companies like Experian. You can join with them online and get a months free membership. This would allow you to print off your credit report which should cover the major credit relationships you have and indicate the status of a good credit history. This is one of the main credit check companies used by many uk companies when they check your status. Just an idea, hope it may be of use
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

pixieelvis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manghams
How great a charge did the doctor applied, its £25.00 just to get a form filled in at ours!
Like you, my kids schools have been helpful.
The doctors are charging £10 per child plus £5 for filling in and signing the vaccination verification form that CHC gave us with our visas, plus £10 for my husbands and then acharge for mine depending on how big the notes are. They can charge you up to £50 per person but they are not allowed to charge more than £50 per person
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

achak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pixieelvis
The doctors are charging £10 per child plus £5 for filling in and signing the vaccination verification form that CHC gave us with our visas, plus £10 for my husbands and then acharge for mine depending on how big the notes are. They can charge you up to £50 per person but they are not allowed to charge more than £50 per person
Hi, We didn't get a vaccination form from CHC. Sorry I've just re-read your post, I assume you got that vaccination form with your actual visa and not your PPR... D'oh
Does everyone get one?

Thanks

Angela
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Firstly congrats,
Get your current auto insurance company to confirm that you are claims free for x number of years (this will save you $K over here). As far as schools go they will like to see past report for the children in order to cater to their individual learning level. Doctors and dentist don't worry about these unless there are chronic problems. You will be very lucky if you manage to get a family doctor. Most of the doctors here are from the UK or Africa in my experience.
Good luck & don't ever look back
Thomas