Moved: MEDICALS

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moved: MEDICALS

Hi
Could anyone give me some advise about medicals, we been told we need a D4 medical done from the dvla??
Does everyone have to have medicals done, children also?
These may sound stupid questions but ????
Can your own doc do the medical??

Last edited by ---mlm---; Oct 23rd 2007 at 1:35 pm. Reason: added
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MEDICALS

Originally Posted by ---mlm---
Could anyone give me some advise about medicals, we been told we need a D4 medical done from the dvla??
No idea about the latter, but the handbook for doctors who carry out the medicals is at:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/dmp-handbook.pdf

Does everyone have to have medicals done, children also?
Yes. There may be a lowest cut-off age (not sure they could do much useful for young kids), but generally everyone has to.

Can your own doc do the medical??
No. Only those authorised to do immigration medicals by CHC.

Last edited by MarkG; Oct 23rd 2007 at 3:29 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 4:34 pm
Who? Me?

Tam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really nice
Default Re: MEDICALS

Hi There,
you will be sent a list of all doctors who are acredited by the CIC to carry out your medicals. You pick the closest doctor to you and book your medicals with them.

All accompianing children, irrespective of age must go through the medical process, in my case my two children aged 2yrs (daughter) and 5 months (son) had medicals.

Please be aware that the fees for medicals are set by the doctors NOT the CIC. Due to our circumstances our daughter had her medicals along with us in Newcastle , we were charged £60.00 for her "Medical" that consisted of taking her height, weight and listening to her breathing. My son took the medical in Glasgow and, for the same process we were charged £7.00. So the moral is shop around.

Also ALL of your children whether they are accompianing you to Canada or not need to go through the medicals. I have two sons, both in the Army who are not coming with me to Canada, yet I had to pay for their medicals too.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Moved: MEDICALS

Hi thanks for info,
This medical is to take to an interview, which the company want. Do we still have to go through the same process?? i think it's more for driving reason, my hubbys a hgv driver and I think they want to see if he's fit to drive??

Thanks
Michelle

Last edited by ---mlm---; Oct 24th 2007 at 9:49 am. Reason: addition
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:46 am
Who? Me?

Tam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really nice
Default Re: Moved: MEDICALS

Ah. The process I described was the process we went through as part of our immigration, I don't think it would apply to your case.