Potential Avenues

Old Dec 1st 2016, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

james28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Potential Avenues

Hi Everyone!

I know you guys and girls get bombarded with the same questions but if I can save myself going through an immigration lawyer then it would be great.

I am a 21 year old male who is seeking pathways to get my move to Canada.
I have been researching possible routes in and I know the IEC has been mentioned quite a lot and I understand this maybe a way forward but if there is a route to go into PR.

I do have quite abit experience for my age in finance (anybody working within this field with knowledge would be great to hear from you).
I've worked in retail banking for a major bank in the U.K as an advisor and gained NVQs in Financial Services. I have worked in London as a compliance officer and an assistant trader for a large French investment bank and completed my financial regulation exams from CISI in the U.K. And currently working as a mortgage analyst.
I'd be looking to do similar work over there but I know it comes down to qualifications. I am willing to do my Canadian broking licence over here (if it's possible) or the CeMAP (mortgage advising).

Just need some guidance on the best way forward if it can help!!

Would be looking at Toronto (understand it's the finance hub of Canada).

I appreciate any advice given!!!

Thanks
James
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 12:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Potential Avenues

Yep, IEC all the way.

Unless by any chance you're scoring enough on the CRS to get PR without a job offer (unlikely with just NVQ's tbh), then that's realistically your easiest (and possibly only) way over there without a job offer.

Get an application in asap, as they've already started sending out invites for this year, so the sooner you apply the more chance you've got!

Best of luck.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

You definitely want IEC. Going through IEC which gives you an open work permit, you might be able to generate enough points to apply for PR through express entry, but it is very unlikely you would qualify for EE with only NVQs.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree with the other comments here. EE is going to be struggle with only NVQs.

Get an IEC come here and work to get your Canadian experience and CRS point up and then apply for PR.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 6:15 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly what everyone else said, IEC then EE.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 8:47 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

IEC!
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

james28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much everyone, this forum is very informative! I'll be looking to go this time next year and get more $$$ to save!
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james28
Thank you so much everyone, this forum is very informative! I'll be looking to go this time next year and get more $$$ to save!
well in that case consider entering the IEC pool now given chances are you might not get an invite until early 2017 and if you do get an invite /accepted you have 12 months to enter Canada.

There is no way to know if you will even get an invite this time around but entering pool is free upto the point you accept an invite plus if the timing is not right you do not need to accept an invite and it has zero impact on future application. That way you could land this time next year on IEC given the 2018 program will not likely open until this time next year taking you into 2018 before you could go.

As you imply though finances will be the dependent factor plus be aware in above suggestion that once you accept an IEC offer and then receive a confirmation port entry letter that counts as your only participation whether you land in Canada or not so timing is key.

Last edited by PB65; Dec 3rd 2016 at 6:03 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 10:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james28
If you want to go this time next year, then you need to apply under this year's program - as said above, you have a year from when you get your LOI (which would be around February/March at the earliest now) to use it.

HTH, good luck.