Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Post-June-26 applicants: Processed changed, reason for 33 week delay

Wikiposts

Post-June-26 applicants: Processed changed, reason for 33 week delay

Old Nov 19th 2010, 8:10 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post-June-26 applicants: Processed changed, reason for 33 week delay

Originally Posted by Waggle
Whereas I sympathise with the long wait endured by the 2007 applicants - they at least had AORs. They at least have file numbers they can use to check the status of their application online and see it changed come that long and happy day.

Post-June-26 applicants it seems will get nothing until medicals.

8 months is a pretty long time to find out whether or not CIC even received your application.

Wayne.
Doesn't help much, trust me, mine has said In Process since 11th September 2007.

Hope you hear something soon!
Old Nov 20th 2010, 12:32 am
Just Joined

Neths is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Post-June-26 applicants: Processed changed, reason for 33 week delay

I mailed my pnp application to Buffalo on June 23rd and haven't heard a thing since.

Looking forward to my 5 month anniversary next week of not hearing anything!

Maybe I should check to see if the draft has been cashed, and I know it was received as I had it tracked. I thought it may have been returned due to the fact that I didn't do the English test as I didn't know about ut at the time of mailing...

2007??
Old Nov 20th 2010, 3:15 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

It is a bit different for us and CanadaJimmy because we can telephone them from within Canada and get a file number from them. However, they might not update the website until the 33 weeks or however long it takes anyway, so that may not be much help other than we know our app is there and has been put into the system.
I for one am glad that this change has happened - I would rather they got on with processing us than faffed about updating the website.
Just to mention, though, as it is no longer required to send Police checks with the original application pack, they will still have to request them to assess eligibility before the medicals.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
It is a bit different for us and CanadaJimmy because we can telephone them from within Canada and get a file number from them. However, they might not update the website until the 33 weeks or however long it takes anyway, so that may not be much help other than we know our app is there and has been put into the system.
I for one am glad that this change has happened - I would rather they got on with processing us than faffed about updating the website.
Just to mention, though, as it is no longer required to send Police checks with the original application pack, they will still have to request them to assess eligibility before the medicals.
Wait, you have a file number? I should give them a call and get mine.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 7:59 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Wait, you have a file number? I should give them a call and get mine.
Didn't my OH mention that??
Men!
Call them and give your details and they should have it.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 5:29 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it is all pointing to the fact that once we eventually get to visa office the issue of the visa will be fairly quick from that point.Not sure how CIC are going to do background checks such as verification of employment remotely from Canada. In some parts of the world the businesses will simply not be open during CIC hours for them to contact the employers?? I suppose they might do it by email.

Wayne.

Visa Office, quick! you can live in hope

Last edited by Miss Clinique; Nov 21st 2010 at 5:32 am.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Visa Office, quick! you can live in hope
Yeah I wouldn't bet on it! AFAIK There are a bunch of people who are waiting for passport requests and have been told by CHC that they're going to have to wait months just for those even though they know they're going to get the visas!

Don't get your hopes up!
Old Nov 21st 2010, 10:00 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Well it is all pointing to the fact that once we eventually get to visa office the issue of the visa will be fairly quick from that point.

Not sure how CIC are going to do background checks such as verification of employment remotely from Canada. In some parts of the world the businesses will simply not be open during CIC hours for them to contact the employers?? I suppose they might do it by email.

Wayne.
I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that all this means that once it gets to your visa office, that it will be a speedy process?
Old Nov 21st 2010, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems the process has been changed once more, so that now, pretty much everything up to and including medical requests is done by CIC (not by visa office). Additionally, CIC no longer send a notification if you passed your eligibility review (AOR). Number of AORs down from 2 to 0!!

What this means is that after you mailed your application, unless they want more information, or you're rejected, you won't hear a damn word until they request your medicals!

Most of us on canadavisa.com think that's the reason for the quoted 33 week wait!

Kinda makes sense with timescales, but I think it's annoying not getting any AOR at all. You don't know if you've passed your eligibility review, and in fact those who cannot tell if their banker's draft has been cashed have no real way of knowing if their application has even been received by CIC! The first you hear is a rejection or a medical request.

Anyway take a look at the excerpt below from the guide I just downloaded from the CIC site. They removed the line about sending you an AOR after the eligibility review, and added a line right at the end saying after Selection/Admissability with medicals etc, THEN they send your application to the visa office.

Wayne!

From http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

Eligibility Review
An officer will make a final determination of eligibility of your application to determine whether:
 your application qualifies for processing under one of the two categories described in the Ministerial Instructions
REMOVED:
If your application qualifies for processing , you will be sent a letter that:
 notifies you of this fact and provides you with your reference number,

If your application does not qualify for processing under the Ministerial Instructions you will be sent a letter that:
 provides the reason why your application is not eligible for processing
 confirms that a refund for the processing fee will be issued
Selection and Admissibility
If your application is eligible for processing, your application will be assessed against the following requirements:
 minimal requirements
 selection factors
 sufficient funds
 admissibility (criminality, security, medical)
ADDED: If your score is equal to or greater than the pass mark, your application will be sent to the visa office for further processing.
Hi There!

Do we have people on this forum who received acceptance from CIO for post-26th June applications?
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helcat12
Ah, well once again the beautiful world at CIC has changed slightly before our very eyes in this regard.

Both the pdf guide downloadable from the CIC website, and the London visa office specific checklist, are now recommending that you include your PCC with your application (between August and start of November they asked you not to include it). They say you MAY still omit it, and that being the case they will ask for it prior to issuing medical requests.

I think the reason for being allowed to omit it is that in some countries it can take 2 months to get PCC, and when people are scrabbling for places in the 1000 cap within their FSW1 NOC they didn't want to unfairly disadvantage those who came from countries where it took a long while to get.

They also now don't specify that it has to be less than 3 months old upon receipt. The only stipulation is that if it expires (it is valid for 1 year) prior to a final decision being made they may ask you to send another one.

I think this is a good call from CIC - allowing people to chose whether to send it or not means people can select the option which best suits their own country and circumstances.

We had ours done in mid July when we first started gathering documents, so we included them in our application which we sent towards the end of August. Cross fingers we get a final decision before mid July 2011, but thankfully in the UK it takes only 1 to 2 weeks to get fresh PCCs, so I guess it's no biggie if they ask us for another set.

Wayne.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
Hi There!

Do we have people on this forum who received acceptance from CIO for post-26th June applications?
There's a thread of 170+ post-June-26 FSW1 applicants on canadavisa.com, and not a single one of those has received anything at all yet, not even a post-encashment rejection.

The only rejections have been those with payment problems or who failed the completeness check.

We're now thinking that the first requests for medicals from CIC may come around January time. Although we expect anyone failing their eligibility review to hear before then.

You can follow the thread here if you're interested:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...9421.4680.html

My alias on that forum is Cappuccino.

Cheers,
Wayne.