Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Post-June-26 applicants: Processed changed, reason for 33 week delay

Wikiposts

Post-June-26 applicants: Processed changed, reason for 33 week delay

Old Nov 19th 2010, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Post-June-26 applicants: Processed changed, reason for 33 week delay

It seems the process has been changed once more, so that now, pretty much everything up to and including medical requests is done by CIC (not by visa office). Additionally, CIC no longer send a notification if you passed your eligibility review (AOR). Number of AORs down from 2 to 0!!

What this means is that after you mailed your application, unless they want more information, or you're rejected, you won't hear a damn word until they request your medicals!

Most of us on canadavisa.com think that's the reason for the quoted 33 week wait!

Kinda makes sense with timescales, but I think it's annoying not getting any AOR at all. You don't know if you've passed your eligibility review, and in fact those who cannot tell if their banker's draft has been cashed have no real way of knowing if their application has even been received by CIC! The first you hear is a rejection or a medical request.

Anyway take a look at the excerpt below from the guide I just downloaded from the CIC site. They removed the line about sending you an AOR after the eligibility review, and added a line right at the end saying after Selection/Admissability with medicals etc, THEN they send your application to the visa office.

Wayne!

From http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

Eligibility Review
An officer will make a final determination of eligibility of your application to determine whether:
 your application qualifies for processing under one of the two categories described in the Ministerial Instructions
REMOVED:
If your application qualifies for processing , you will be sent a letter that:
 notifies you of this fact and provides you with your reference number,

If your application does not qualify for processing under the Ministerial Instructions you will be sent a letter that:
 provides the reason why your application is not eligible for processing
 confirms that a refund for the processing fee will be issued
Selection and Admissibility
If your application is eligible for processing, your application will be assessed against the following requirements:
 minimal requirements
 selection factors
 sufficient funds
 admissibility (criminality, security, medical)
ADDED: If your score is equal to or greater than the pass mark, your application will be sent to the visa office for further processing.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post-June-26 applicants: Processed changed, reason for 33 week delay

What interests me about that is that it seems there's a suggestion that before this change, if you received an AOR you were deemed to meet the points requirements. I thought this was only assessed after you went 'in process' at the visa office stage.

Not that it really matters, the end result is the same!
Old Nov 19th 2010, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: Post-June-26 applicants: Processed changed, reason for 33 week delay

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
What interests me about that is that it seems there's a suggestion that before this change, if you received an AOR you were deemed to meet the points requirements. I thought this was only assessed after you went 'in process' at the visa office stage.

My understanding is that there were effectively two eligibility reviews done. One by CIC when they got your forms, and a second done by visa office once they got your full docs.

Some people deemed eligible by CIC were still refused by VO.

I have no problems with the process itself - I guess by doing most of the eligibility reviews and processing themselves then CIC can ensure more fairness and consistency to applicants.

My main problem is the utter lack of communication. At least with the old system you had an AOR, and a file number, so you could change your status online and see progress as it changed.

Now there is nothing but a LONGGGGGG dark empty void after you mailed your application. With no AORs or file numbers it's conceivable you could wait 8 months for medicals requests, they don't arrive, so you contact CIC to verify what's going on and they say they never received your application!

They've actually regressed in my opinion - now having even worse communication that before with the applicants!

Wayne.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
They've actually regressed in my opinion - now having even worse communication that before with the applicants!

Wayne.
Try telling that to the 2007 applicants
Old Nov 19th 2010, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Try telling that to the 2007 applicants
Whereas I sympathise with the long wait endured by the 2007 applicants - they at least had AORs. They at least have file numbers they can use to check the status of their application online and see it changed come that long and happy day.

Post-June-26 applicants it seems will get nothing until medicals.

8 months is a pretty long time to find out whether or not CIC even received your application.

Wayne.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

We applied to Sask PNP in June on the understanding that processing times for Nomination were approx 3 months - 5 months down the line I called as we still hadnt received our nomination or heard anything other than the received email, only to be told that because of June 26th they now had a massive backlog and current processing time for nomination are now approx 7 months!!
Old Nov 19th 2010, 4:54 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

It seems the process has been changed once more, so that now, pretty much everything up to and including medical requests is done by CIC (not by visa office). Additionally, CIC no longer send a notification if you passed your eligibility review (AOR). Number of AORs down from 2 to 0!!

What this means is that after you mailed your application, unless they want more information, or you're rejected, you won't hear a damn word until they request your medicals!

Most of us on canadavisa.com think that's the reason for the quoted 33 week wait!

Kinda makes sense with timescales, but I think it's annoying not getting any AOR at all. You don't know if you've passed your eligibility review, and in fact those who cannot tell if their banker's draft has been cashed have no real way of knowing if their application has even been received by CIC! The first you hear is a rejection or a medical request.

Anyway take a look at the excerpt below from the guide I just downloaded from the CIC site. They removed the line about sending you an AOR after the eligibility review, and added a line right at the end saying after Selection/Admissability with medicals etc, THEN they send your application to the visa office.

Wayne!

From http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

Eligibility Review
An officer will make a final determination of eligibility of your application to determine whether:
 your application qualifies for processing under one of the two categories described in the Ministerial Instructions
REMOVED:
If your application qualifies for processing , you will be sent a letter that:
 notifies you of this fact and provides you with your reference number,

If your application does not qualify for processing under the Ministerial Instructions you will be sent a letter that:
 provides the reason why your application is not eligible for processing
 confirms that a refund for the processing fee will be issued
Selection and Admissibility
If your application is eligible for processing, your application will be assessed against the following requirements:
 minimal requirements
 selection factors
 sufficient funds
 admissibility (criminality, security, medical)
ADDED: If your score is equal to or greater than the pass mark, your application will be sent to the visa office for further processing.

I really don't think you can keep speculating on what MAY happen. Until a few people move along through the system none of us (unless any of us are undercover CIC workers!) can say what will actually happen or how long things will take.

Your going to give yourself an ulcer!
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:25 am
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Have you thought of emailing to ask for your file number?

I am a PNP applicant and these applications historically have never been given a file a number, yet due to the recent delay at London I thought I would ask for my number and they gave it to me.

Maybe you could try.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, well at least someone spotted the changed on the EG7! PMM said a while ago on there wouldn't be an AOR, but we were all rather skeptical, since like you said, it's a communications blackout that just seems, a bit daft really.

I do think it's rather exciting that CIO is doing all the evaluation though, as long as they hire more people. 50 or so officers trying to do the entire globe's worth of apps just seems a bit unrealistic.

Also provides more proof (if it were needed) that CIC's call centre employees have absolutely no idea whats going on.

Anyway, seems that there's hope that I might get my PR before my TWP runs out after all...

Last edited by CanadaJimmy; Nov 19th 2010 at 7:18 am.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Wow, well at least someone spotted the changed on the EG7! PMM said a while ago on there wouldn't be an AOR, but we were all rather skeptical, since like you said, it's a communications blackout that just seems, a bit daft really.

I do think it's rather exciting that CIO is doing all the evaluation though, as long as they hire more people. 50 or so officers trying to do the entire globe's worth of apps just seems a bit unrealistic.

Also provides more proof (if it were needed) that CIC's call centre employees have absolutely no idea whats going on.

Anyway, seems that there's hope that I might get my PR before my TWP runs out after all...
Well it is all pointing to the fact that once we eventually get to visa office the issue of the visa will be fairly quick from that point.

Not sure how CIC are going to do background checks such as verification of employment remotely from Canada. In some parts of the world the businesses will simply not be open during CIC hours for them to contact the employers?? I suppose they might do it by email.

Wayne.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

we had aor then were rejected due to a lack of points at a cost of $1400...thank you very much
Old Nov 19th 2010, 9:46 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Well it is all pointing to the fact that once we eventually get to visa office the issue of the visa will be fairly quick from that point.

Not sure how CIC are going to do background checks such as verification of employment remotely from Canada. In some parts of the world the businesses will simply not be open during CIC hours for them to contact the employers?? I suppose they might do it by email.

Wayne.
The overseas office will do the background checks and verification.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spaceace
we had aor then were rejected due to a lack of points at a cost of $1400...thank you very much
Not cool
Old Nov 19th 2010, 10:49 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

AOR merely meant that London or whichever local office had received your documents NOT that your pack had been assessed and you were A-ok.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 12:04 pm
887 lb pumpkin

flipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura about

Whereas I sympathise with the long wait endured by the 2007 applicants - they at least had AORs. They at least have file numbers they can use to check the status of their application online and see it changed come that long and happy day.

Post-June-26 applicants it seems will get nothing until medicals.

8 months is a pretty long time to find out whether or not CIC even received your application.

Wayne.
I just checked with my bank if the draft had been cashed, that was all we knew until the med requests. Then we got a Case number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.