post graduation employment & PR

Old Oct 15th 2002, 4:06 am
Just Joined

cecifede is an unknown quantity at this point
Default post graduation employment & PR

I am an international student in Vancouver, preparing my application for the PR visa. I would like to hear your opinions about the following reasoning.

As I read in http://canadavisa.com/documents/exempt/index.htm, the post-graduation employment is one of the codes under the “Activities of Significant Benefit to Canada�. For requesting a work permit under this category, there is no need of a job offer validation (confirmation by Human Resources Development Canada).

On the other hand, I read in CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-5-4.html) that one way of being awarded 10 points for Arranged Employment is the following:
“You are currently working in Canada in a job that does not need confirmation by Human Resources Development Canada (HRDC) under an international agreement or a significant-benefit category (for example, you are an intra-company transferee.)
Conditions:
-Your work permit will be valid for 12 or more months after you apply for a permanent resident visa.
-Your employer has made an offer to give you a permanent job�

So, supposing that I get a work permit valid from January 1st, 2003 to December 31st, 2003 (under the post-graduation category), on January 1st -as far as I understand- I would be:
- working in Canada
- in a job that doesn’t require confirmation by HRDC
- my work permit would be valid for 12 months

Supposing that I can also get a letter from my employer offering me a permanent job (note: I know that this isn’t that easy), and I send my application for PR visa on January 1st, 2003, would be it right to say that I can be awarded 10 points?

Thanks in advance for reading this message. Any input will be welcomed.

Cheers,
Federico