Wikiposts

the post...

Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

rena is on a distinguished road
Default Re: the post...

absolutely-the post office may not be reliable in canada but theya re certainly the most reliable in the UK-there is nothing foolish about using the post office to send valuable or important items
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

Well still no luck... A friend from Expat said same thing happened to their PR application, Canada post had no record of it being received at the other end but when they contacted CIC in Canada they confirmed it had infact been received. I have tried contacting them they advised I need to contact Buffalo direct, Buffalo dont accept telephone enquiries so I emailed them, I just got the general email back saying they send acknowledgement letters out within 20 weeks.... agggghhhh!
Dont know what to do, Canada post say enquiry can take up to 45 days... I dont know if to wait it out or start again... but not sure how long new police checks will take from UK and all that.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:45 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daedra
I tend to second that Ben, Canada Post would take 2-3 week days (no Sat deliveries/processing) to deliver a letter from Montreal TO Montreal! A letter from Montreal to BC or AB would often take 7-10 week days to arrive. Since living in the UK the past 3 years, I was stunned that a letter could get to its UK destination within 2 working days, sending 1 first class letter from Manchester to Northern Ireland was taking an average of 3 working days. Letters to home (Montreal QC) take about 4-5 working days and I know its not Canada Post's end thats making it that fast!!
well, how about 15 working days from campbell river bc to courtenay bc - that's about 50 or 55 kms, and all on vancouver island. not sure if the postman had to walk the whole distance???
it might be "my personal record" but mail from downtown vancouver or surrey isn't that much faster...
Old Aug 31st 2007, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

MesserMoony is on a distinguished road

lol yep same here, had something from Ottawa to Burlington which took just over a week, my mum sent me something from London the day after and arrived the day before the letter from Ottawa
Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:09 pm
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute

Totally... I've been impressed by the speed letters & packages (excluding surface mail) get to & from East Coast(ish) Canada to the UK and vice versa... letters I was sending to relatives in New Zealand from Canada would take about a month to get delivered!

In B2B sales in Canada we used courriers because we'd get a POD (proof of delivery) and it generally halved the time from Canada Post's long arsed process.... I know they work hard but honestly think that Unionisation of Canada Post has only led to the end user suffering for the cushy kickbacks the postal unions have recieved (such as eliminating Saturday deliveries, mum told me we used to have in Canada before we moved back there in '86)doesnt help that Purolator own most of the package shipping in Canada as Canada Post contracted them out for it.... anyyyyway.. nuff grumbling from me now *lol*
Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future

Hope they find it for you!

So what is the best option for sending this type of thing in the U.K.? I would have done exactly the same as you, as I have never had a problem with the Post Office or Royal Mail before.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:24 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sarahad
Well still no luck... A friend from Expat said same thing happened to their PR application, Canada post had no record of it being received at the other end but when they contacted CIC in Canada they confirmed it had infact been received. I have tried contacting them they advised I need to contact Buffalo direct, Buffalo dont accept telephone enquiries so I emailed them, I just got the general email back saying they send acknowledgement letters out within 20 weeks.... agggghhhh!
Dont know what to do, Canada post say enquiry can take up to 45 days... I dont know if to wait it out or start again... but not sure how long new police checks will take from UK and all that.
Hello Sarah
I don't know if my suggestion is like using a hammer to crack a walnut, but have you contacted your MLA or MP? Someone did on another forum (CIC lost their file) and by jolly - it was sorted out in a matter of days once the MP made an enquiry!

If it is a PNP application then you are someone that we need here - and you could use that argument with the politician (as you are a future voter and all that.. )

VERY GOOD LUCK (and I hope the package is in Buffalo)

Clare