Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

possible speeding up the issuance of visa?

possible speeding up the issuance of visa?

Old Jun 23rd 2001, 4:59 am
Sans Eau

Dear Everyone,

I have applied under the Independant category. Recently I received the so-called
interview waiver and did my medicals. I would assume that I am under background check
right now. Meanwhile a family member of mine received his landed visa.

My question is: Should I inform the Immigration center about the latter and if - is
this fact going to speed up the process for me.

My apologies for being so impatient, but it has been a while since I started applying
and I lost my patience somewhere on the road.

Thank you in advance!
S.

Old Jun 23rd 2001, 6:11 am
Andrew Miller

The fact that someone in your family received recently landing papers will have no
influence on the speed of your application process at all. Just be patient, you are
very close to the finish line...

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 24th 2001, 6:02 am
Sans Eau

Dear Mr. Miller,

Thank you very much for your answer. I was thinking that since sponsorship cases are
processed with higher priority (based on "compassionate and humanitarian" grounds,
"reunion of families", etc.), an approved permanent residency status of one family
member would speed up (based on the same arguments) the process for other family
members. Moreover 5 additional points are awarded during the initial assessment. But
I guess that these are accounted solely toward the assessment. Well, it appears to me
that I was just day-dreaming.
    >

Have a nice day.

Regards,
S.

"Andrew Miller" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Dear Everyone,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I have applied under the Independant category. Recently I received the so-called[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > interview waiver and did my medicals. I would assume that I am under background[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > check right now. Meanwhile a family member of mine received his landed visa.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > My question is: Should I inform the Immigration center about the latter and if -[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > is this fact going to speed up the process for me.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > My apologies for being so impatient, but it has been a while since I started[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > applying and I lost my patience somewhere on the road.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thank you in advance![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > S.[/usenetquote2]