which port of entry in alberta?

Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:23 pm

dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which port of entry in alberta?

can anybody please advice which port of entry my husband should use to re new his wp?
we live in innisfail alberta...would probably travel through calgary and then im not sure.........whitlash.....del bonita..........sweetgrass or im sure there are some options i have missed.

thankyou
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which port of entry in alberta?

Originally Posted by dunniflat
can anybody please advice which port of entry my husband should use to re new his wp?
we live in innisfail alberta...would probably travel through calgary and then im not sure.........whitlash.....del bonita..........sweetgrass or im sure there are some options i have missed.

thankyou
Ang

If you are up closer to Edmonton you can do it up there at the immigration office downtown - but do a search as someone has done this before.

Otherwise it will be at the Sweetgrass/Coutts border crossing
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Ang

If you are up closer to Edmonton you can do it up there at the immigration office downtown - but do a search as someone has done this before.

Otherwise it will be at the Sweetgrass/Coutts border crossing
your a gem gaynor.....good to know ..how will i find out about the edmonton option though ?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

your a gem gaynor.....good to know ..how will i find out about the edmonton option though ?
Ang

Post #2 of this thread below

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...monton+landing

Good Luck
Old Mar 17th 2009, 12:00 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

We're talking about WP renewal here, not becoming a PR ... I thought the best option was to do so by mail?
Old Mar 17th 2009, 2:47 am

yes for the moment we are only renewing our wp ...not quite at the landing for pr yet ....that will come soon for us hopefully!
the reason for going to p.o.e is basically for the speed....we need the new wp asap.
i realise thanks to (gay) that sweetgrass/coutts is the best place to go to do this.
its good to know that we can land inland when we get to that stage at a cic office!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

amit77_bd is an unknown quantity at this point

dunniflat, I guess you went to Coutts, please guide me how can I go there from Calgary, I have no personal transport, I want to go there for becoming PR, I know Grehound goes upto Lethbridge but am not if it goes upto Coutts. If not then from Lethbrid how to get there to Coutts? any public transport or any taxi service? How much would be the fare? any ideas?

A
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by amit77_bd
dunniflat, I guess you went to Coutts, please guide me how can I go there from Calgary, I have no personal transport, I want to go there for becoming PR, I know Grehound goes upto Lethbridge but am not if it goes upto Coutts. If not then from Lethbrid how to get there to Coutts? any public transport or any taxi service? How much would be the fare? any ideas?

A

Hi Amit

THere is no public transport down to Coutts as such from Lethbridge and I would dread to think how much a taxi would cost as it is another hour south of Lethbridge. I think it would be as well to hire a car for a day and do the trip yourself rather than rely on public transport .
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by amit77_bd

A
i have just realised you are wanting to land as a permanent resident....are you aware that you do not need to do this at a port of entry any longer.
call cic and sak them where you can become a permanent resident inland..they will give you a list of possibilities..im sure there will be one in calgary!good luck
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

im sure there will be one in calgary!good luck
Think that the only one for Alberta is Edmonton - but maybe with greyhound etc that will be better for the OP
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:59 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Think that the only one for Alberta is Edmonton - but maybe with greyhound etc that will be better for the OP
No, there are CICs in Edmonton and Calgary.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Someone has reported that there is a place which deals with PR landings in Edmonton
Old Mar 25th 2009, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

I believe the Harry Hayes Building downtown Calgary has the facillities to process PR landing ( only found this out after a four hour each way trip to the border through winter storms).
Old Mar 25th 2009, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

You can also ring the CIC helpline and they can advise you where to land
Old Mar 25th 2009, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Journeyman Electrician
I believe the Harry Hayes Building downtown Calgary has the facillities to process PR landing ( only found this out after a four hour each way trip to the border through winter storms).
iim delighted to hear this.....it will save our whole family having to travel to the border when our time comes.

could you please specify where this place is?
i did a search for harry hayes building but came up with nothing?

thankyou .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.