Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police Record Check - Positive or Negative Response ?

Police Record Check - Positive or Negative Response ?

Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

techwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant future
Default Police Record Check - Positive or Negative Response ?

Hi all,

My application for PPR is currently being processed by CHC in London. As a result of reading other postings on here, I found out that the Disclosure Scotland document may not be accepted by CHC as a criminal record check.

As a precaution, I sent Form 3019B to Strathclyde Police, asking for a Police Certificate, with the intention of forwarding it on to CHC to add to the application.

Today, I received the following response from Strathclyde Police.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir

REQUEST FOR INFORMATION - DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

The Data Proctection Act places an obligation on the Police when holding personal information to provide a copy of that information (unless an exemption applies) to the individual concerned.

In reply to your request for information which may be held about you on police computers in this Police Force in the following categories -

Scottish Criminal Record Office Computer

I can now inform you that from the personal details supplied in you request that there is no information that the Chief Constable is obliged to disclose.

Since you request information held on the Police National Computer you will be sent a separate reply, directly from the National Identification Service at New Scotland Yard, within 40 days of your application.

Yours faithfully

(Name)

Data Protection Assistant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know from the Disclosure Scotland certificate, I do not have a criminal record, but I was expecting Strathclyde Police to send me their certificate to document this also.

From the response above, should I expect the same response from New Scotland Yard, and if so, could I use the letter they have sent as evidence along with the Disclosure Scotland, as proof of my clean record ?

Any opinions and experiences gratefully received.

Thanks

GW
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:57 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Record Check - Positive or Negative Response ?

Hi

Originally Posted by techwizard
Hi all,

My application for PPR is currently being processed by CHC in London. As a result of reading other postings on here, I found out that the Disclosure Scotland document may not be accepted by CHC as a criminal record check.

As a precaution, I sent Form 3019B to Strathclyde Police, asking for a Police Certificate, with the intention of forwarding it on to CHC to add to the application.

Today, I received the following response from Strathclyde Police.

Dear Sir

REQUEST FOR INFORMATION - DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

The Data Proctection Act places an obligation on the Police when holding personal information to provide a copy of that information (unless an exemption applies) to the individual concerned.

In reply to your request for information which may be held about you on police computers in this Police Force in the following categories -

Scottish Criminal Record Office Computer

I can now inform you that from the personal details supplied in you request that there is no information that the Chief Constable is obliged to disclose.

Since you request information held on the Police National Computer you will be sent a separate reply, directly from the National Identification Service at New Scotland Yard, within 40 days of your application.

Yours faithfully

(Name)

Data Protection Assistant.

I know from the Disclosure Scotland certificate, I do not have a criminal record, but I was expecting Strathclyde Police to send me their certificate to document this also.

From the response above, should I expect the same response from New Scotland Yard, and if so, could I use the letter they have sent as evidence along with the Disclosure Scotland, as proof of my clean record ?

Any opinions and experiences gratefully received.

Thanks

GW
The "separate reply" is going to be your police certificate which you send to CHC.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Record Check - Positive or Negative Response ?

And yes, all the letter from Scotland Yard will say is that they have no information about you, just like that one.