police documents

Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:58 am
Just Joined

mikamika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default police documents

Im also really confused on this. I am applying for sponsorship and PR, from within Canada, my wife being the sponsor, me being a British citizen.

Now heres my question. Now in my appendix B it states "Fingerprints request letter" - Now I didn't have my fingerprints done in the UK because I was told I didn't need them, is this true?

Also Appendix A states "request for police certificates/clearances and Authorization for release of information" - now the UK do not issue these.

The ONLY security document I have and told I would need is this. "section 7, Data Protection Act,1998-subject access- Person Record: prosecution/Conviction" which i will add states "there is no information held about this you in the person record category of the police national computer"

Is this really all I need? in regards to appendix A, and B

Thanks, this website and forum, has been so very helpful to me already.

I wish everyone the best

Richard
Old Dec 15th 2007, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: police documents

Are you applying through the "inside Canada" route? If so, DON'T!!! When I applied (over a year ago now) I didn't realise that, even though I'm living in Canada, I still had the option to apply via CIC London.

People on here who've applied loooooong after I did already have their PR.

The outside of Canada route can take 4 maybe 5 months or so, in straight forward cases, from what I've heard, whereas applying through Vegreville takes about 9 months before they give "Approval In Principle" (which I got back in the summer) and I'm still waiting for the final decision

In answer to your question, you don't have to submit any police related documents until requested, but to give the criminal record check that you mention already having will certainly do no harm. They did request my fingerprints in Oct, but I believe that is unusual, and it indicates that I have the same name as some criminal here in Canada
Old Dec 15th 2007, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

mikamika is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Alex,
If I can apply via CiC London even no I am already in Canada, how exactly is this done? I heard that if you do this, and they need a meeing with you, or interview, I will have to fly back to the Uk, is this true? Or is any follow threw interviews etc completed here.

Thnanks

richard
Old Dec 15th 2007, 3:09 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by mikamika
hi Alex,
If I can apply via CiC London even no I am already in Canada, how exactly is this done? I heard that if you do this, and they need a meeing with you, or interview, I will have to fly back to the Uk, is this true? Or is any follow threw interviews etc completed here.

Thnanks

richard
If an interview is required, it would be at the office where you applied.