Police checks for UK applicants

Old Jun 5th 2008, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Javarne has a spectacular aura aboutJavarne has a spectacular aura aboutJavarne has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Police checks for UK applicants

So does this mean that CIC London are finally accepting ACPO for PR? We have just had our 90 day letter : )

All the best
Old Jun 9th 2008, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Doeas anyone know if when applying for both his and hers ACPO certificates at the same time you have to provide two separate cheques or is one for the combined fee OK? Perhaps a dumb question, but we all know how retentive British civil servants can be.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Doeas anyone know if when applying for both his and hers ACPO certificates at the same time you have to provide two separate cheques or is one for the combined fee OK? Perhaps a dumb question, but we all know how retentive British civil servants can be.
Not dumb at all (well unless I'm dumb as well!!!) coz I asked the same question to Hampshire Police and the German Embassy.

I applied for SAR's & not ACPO check but all we were advised to do was put both names on the back of the cheque and send it in with both applications, SAR worked as we have just got them back, now just waiting on the Germans...schnell schnell..prob all knocked off to watch Euro 08.

HTH...Dave
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

chrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nice

Davie_Mac,

in answer to one of your earlier questions. I had to get the RMP checks as well as local police checks done when I applied on Oct 2005. I have had med requests sent now and along with it they have only asked for updates to the UK police clearances...
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fstevenson
Hi,

Well I´ve been reading all the threads on police checks and I´m a little confused as to which thing I should apply for, because firstly I´m Scottish, and secondly I´m applying for the PR for Canada from Chile, therefore I haven´t had a UK address for the last year and a half. Firstly- does the Disclosure Scotland form count? (I had a look at the website, but I´m not sure if it is accepted by Canada?) Secondly- which applications can be done by people living outside of the Uk at the time of asking for the form?

Any answers much appreciated!
you get a data protection police check done by your local police station, you down load the form and send it of with 10 pounds with copies of id. i phoned them today. i have dissclosure put heard it wasnt good enough

just google local police. mine was grampian police and the sight was very helpfull.

and you will need one from the country you have lived at for more than 6 months within the last 10 years
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chrisbryson
Davie_Mac,

in answer to one of your earlier questions. I had to get the RMP checks as well as local police checks done when I applied on Oct 2005. I have had med requests sent now and along with it they have only asked for updates to the UK police clearances...
Chris,

Many thanks for your reply.

I presume your still in the UK waiting for your PR to come through? is that correct?

I will be going across on WP then applying for PR as a PNP, therefore would you or anyone know as I would be in Canada when applying for PR would they still require more up to date Plice checks from the UK as I would have been in Canada for months prior to that already working.

Thanks Dave
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

chrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nice

I came to Kelowna 'early' on a study permit whilst waiting for the PR to finish - then I can leave the college. It seems that although I have been in Canada 10 months I will have to submit UK police clearances (SARs) for the period from when I submitted my original file until we left UK. Do not need to do any canadian clearances as they check with the RCMP data direct. RMP clearances did not have to be resubmitted as they already covered the period I moved around with the Army.

regards

Chris
Old Jun 17th 2008, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tried to put the following in a easy read table but gave up with the formatting conflicts. Hope it's understandable

Quick Update on Timescales:

APPLIED TO
DATE SENT
DATE RECEIVED BACK

Hampshire SAR
12 May 08
05 & 07 June 08

Bundesamt Fur Justiz
29 May 08
12 June 08

Royal Military Police
12 May 08
28 May 08
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:28 am
Just Joined

paul29 is an unknown quantity at this point

just got my acpo back today, it took 4 days on the standard rate. all clear, fingers crossed they accept it

Last edited by paul29; Jun 20th 2008 at 7:33 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:58 pm
God

NickyP84 will become famous soon enoughNickyP84 will become famous soon enough

On the 24th April, CIC returned my PSNI police check as it is not an acceptable clearence form; you have 90 day's etc etc......

After searching on the internet I finally found the ACPO form. When it came, I posted it off to the address requested by CIC on the 26th of May.

So far nothing. Not a peep from CIC.

I emailed them via the 'case specific enquiry' option almost 2 weeks ago to make sure they received it or not and they haven't (yet) gotten back to me to even tell me yes or no!

Now all this talk of ACPO forms not being acceptable is freaking me out big style as the police check was the only problem with our application - my wife in Canada was eligible to sponsor me, they returned our personal photos and 2photos I can use for my PR card when I arrive in Canada.........should I be freaking out or just relax?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyP84
On the 24th April, CIC returned my PSNI police check as it is not an acceptable clearence form; you have 90 day's etc etc......

After searching on the internet I finally found the ACPO form. When it came, I posted it off to the address requested by CIC on the 26th of May.

So far nothing. Not a peep from CIC.

I emailed them via the 'case specific enquiry' option almost 2 weeks ago to make sure they received it or not and they haven't (yet) gotten back to me to even tell me yes or no!

Now all this talk of ACPO forms not being acceptable is freaking me out big style as the police check was the only problem with our application - my wife in Canada was eligible to sponsor me, they returned our personal photos and 2photos I can use for my PR card when I arrive in Canada.........should I be freaking out or just relax?
ACPO checks are now accepted - I haven't checked CIC's info to see if they've updated it but since these threads were started, several have been accepted and CIC have communicated this to some forum members via email.

I'm going to "unstick" this thread now as it's no longer topical and could cause confusion.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:03 pm
God

NickyP84 will become famous soon enoughNickyP84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
ACPO checks are now accepted - I haven't checked CIC's info to see if they've updated it but since these threads were started, several have been accepted and CIC have communicated this to some forum members via email.
Thanks so much for clearing that up for me. I almost had a panic attack when I was reading the confusion surrounding the ACPO checks.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

in regard to the police checks on the work permit application checklists, on the CIC list it states,
that the certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application and on the canada.org.uk it states
Original police certificate (or UK Disclosure) issued during the past twelve months under the heading of Nurses, Doctors and other medical professionals so i would make sure that it meets the CIC requirements to be sure.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 3:18 pm
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by walkerv05
in regard to the police checks on the work permit application checklists, on the CIC list it states,
that the certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application and on the canada.org.uk it states
Original police certificate (or UK Disclosure) issued during the past twelve months under the heading of Nurses, Doctors and other medical professionals so i would make sure that it meets the CIC requirements to be sure.
ACPO is acceptable, I'm a nurse & have had my medical already - so if there were any issues regarding my paperwork I'm sure they would have been raised by now.

We got our ACPO certificates expedited (came by return of post) & we wrote seperate cheques just to be sure.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to close this thread as it's got old information that is just confusing. Please start a new topic for any current police check questions.