police checks !!

Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

vancouver1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default police checks !!

Hi guys was wondering if any one on here can help me and my husband are emmigrating end of this year next year I am sponsering him cos have citizenship but am a bit worried due to the police checks!!

When he was about 18/19 years old he got done for wreckless driving and also 7 years ago he had a keep the peace due to his ex however he is now 37 will this still count or not as we really want to have a better life in Canada
please help?
Old Feb 16th 2009, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Location: We have bought a beautiful house overlooking a lake in High River!
Tamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant future
Default Re: police checks !!

Hi,

As I understand it, you should not have any problems!

Firstly, the wreckless driving is known as a 'non criminal' offence unless it was at the extreme end of the scale which would be 'Causing death by dangerous driving'.
Secondly, the being bound over to keep the peace was 7 years ago and is quite trivial in the big scheme of things. I would say - go for it!'

After all, my husband had a similar offence against his name only 3 years ago and we have submitted our police reports, which mention this, and we have just received our requests for medicals! I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions but surely if there was an issue for us it would have prevented us from reaching the medical request stage??

Good Luck and let me know how you get on.

Regards

Tamsin