Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police check - totally frickin confused

Police check - totally frickin confused

Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:03 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police check - totally frickin confused

Hiya Gremlin loving Tiff!

Right - step away from the idea of the simplified application process!

The reason us AEO have the lovely option of sped up processing is basically because we have jobs that have to be filled and we also send the whole thing in in a oner! So my complete understanding is - get the application as comprehensive as physically possible and then send it in (my mum hs just sent off our police check form and we went for the one they specify with the (A) at the end).

So basically we have to put the whole thing together and then send it in with all the required external admin.

Hope that helps

Mrs M x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:46 am
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mrs M

Yea I know not to do the simplified, who wants to wait 42 months when there is a decent possibility of getting it done on AEO in 6 or so?? YAY!! - we're going thru regular app but wondered if we culd get away with not sending the forms thru at the same time like those doing the simp process but you answered that so i'll get my butt in gear and get on to the police thing... just typical one police force tell us one thing to another - although they were very polite and went to a lot of trouble to find it so that was good.... i'll use the 3109A then.

Thanks
Tiff
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:59 am

It would make sense if we could wait a few months longer to sort our crap out and then put in the paperwork they needed after the application is lodged but hey we are getting it easy anyway!

I'll tell you when we lodge ours completely and then we can compare notes on the progress lol!

All the best to you and your family and it's nice to know some other poor bugger is going through the same thing at the same time as me!

Now off to do ANOTHER things to do list!

Keep smiling - it'll be worth it
Mrs Miggins x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Would you mean Kentigern House in Glasgow as in Army Records Office:

Officers or Soldiers whose regular or reserve service ended between 1921 and 1997
Army Personnel Centre
HQ Secretariat
Historical Disclosures
Mail Point 400
Kentigern House
65 Brown Street
Glasgow
G2 8EX
Tel: 0845 600 9663, option 1, then option 3

Let me know if this is the place you meant. If not I will do some asking as Both Me & OH are both still serving and obviously have the contacts.

What was it exactly you asked them for was it His conduct sheet or was it a report from the RMP

Cheers
Hi there.

My OH spoke to the peeps at Glasgow last week. He has previous service with the regulars and now with TA. Apparently they were very helpful, told him what to write in his request letter and where to send it (including proof of ID). They said they can confirm his dates of service, good conduct and clean record with the RMP. Should take about 4 weeks.

Mandi.

Last edited by Thunderchicken; Aug 16th 2007 at 1:05 pm. Reason: Because I can.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Would you mean Kentigern House in Glasgow as in Army Records Office:

Officers or Soldiers whose regular or reserve service ended between 1921 and 1997
Army Personnel Centre
HQ Secretariat
Historical Disclosures
Mail Point 400
Kentigern House
65 Brown Street
Glasgow
G2 8EX
Tel: 0845 600 9663, option 1, then option 3

Let me know if this is the place you meant. If not I will do some asking as Both Me & OH are both still serving and obviously have the contacts.

What was it exactly you asked them for was it His conduct sheet or was it a report from the RMP

Cheers
It needs to be sent to the following:

Disclosures 1
Millpoint 520
APC
65 Brown Street
Glasgow
G2 8EX

You need to ask for a RMP check. You will need to send them details of your service and a photo ID (driver's licence etc).

I haven't got their phone number any more but their fax number is 0141 224 3422.

HTH
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:49 pm

Thanks again guys that's great!

Will get on to that now and hopefully may get the police checks and RMP checks back about the same time!

Really appreciate your help

Another thing for the things to do list lol

Mrs Miggins x
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:44 pm

Righto!

Just spoke to a lovely chap called Paul who sits next to a fax machine and can bring it upstairs to the disclosures department. He just happened to answer the phone and offered to use his fax number so I can call him back and make sure that it got through ok!

I know it's a bit naughty - but what the hell! PM me and I will give you his direct fax and phone number, at least that way you know a human is doing something with it and there is a name to refer to!

Hope this helps!

Well let you know time it takes to turn around etc .....

A slightlier less stressed
Mr Miggins xx