Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police check - totally frickin confused

Police check - totally frickin confused

Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:58 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police check - totally frickin confused

Right,

Just about to send off for police checks, but am panicking. Lived in Suffolk for last 10 years as has hubby. Do we need to have met checks or local check. Also can anybody give me a link to required form?????

I know there are lots of threads on here already, but I am feeling a bit overwhlemed at this point so gave up looking and decided to post this....

Am currently living in Alberta. (Since June)

Thanks guys (by the way, house is good and cats awsome thanks!)

Mrs Miggins x
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police check - totally frickin confused

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
Right,

Just about to send off for police checks, but am panicking. Lived in Suffolk for last 10 years as has hubby. Do we need to have met checks or local check. Also can anybody give me a link to required form?????
Did you look at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ed-kingdom.asp
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:18 am

Funnily enough as you were posting that I just found the form - I am being a total gobshite about this and I don't know why! I have already done one difficult bit of immigration the next bit shouldn't be much harder (should it lol) Thanks anyway! I appreciate your help!

Next stupid question, I can remember the street I lived on but not the the house - it was for 6 months 10 years ago, I already have CRB with the local force, so surely they should be able to trace it don't you think?

aRRRGGGHHH! I think I am loosing it :curse:

Off to bed now to dream about policemen probably........

Actually thats cheered me up

Mrs Annoyed with herself Miggins x
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:58 am
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

As Michael Winner says in those bleedin' awful ads ... Calm down dear!

They are not going to turn you down just 'cos you can't remember a house number! As you have got the important stuff done, don't worry about it.

Hope you had happy dreams ... although you can spare me the details

Cheers
Chris
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Right,

I know there are lots of threads on here already, but I am feeling a bit overwhlemed at this point so gave up looking and decided to post this....

Am currently living in Alberta. (Since June)

Thanks guys (by the way, house is good and cats awsome thanks!)

Mrs Miggins x
Could you provide the outcome of this initial question please as I'm a bit confused now....not hard tho.

Do you need local forces checks & Met checks or which combination.

TA Dave
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:07 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Could you provide the outcome of this initial question please as I'm a bit confused now....not hard tho.

Do you need local forces checks & Met checks or which combination.

TA Dave
They all come off the same computer check so all check the same details. If you are in the UK just get one from your local force and that will meet the requirements.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:16 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
They all come off the same computer check so all check the same details. If you are in the UK just get one from your local force and that will meet the requirements.
yes, i think you just apply to your local farce and that gets you the print-out from the Met computer and local computer too
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

If you are still in the UK then you apply to your local police force.

If you are already in Canada then you apply to Scotland yard.

We lived in Lancashire and W.Yorkshire before moving over to Canada, and I got all confused too as to whether we had to apply to all forces to areas where we had lived or just the last one etc. But each police force had an email address for questions on their website and all replied to my questions within 48 hours - WOW!

You only send one request off to either your local force, or Scotland Yard, and they can search the big computer for all your other address even if in a different force.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks all very much appreciated.

I'm also in the same boat as other serving Military and just gonna get the Lancs one as I left at 19 to join up, then see what happens after submmiting the Military police records.

It's all a bit confusing for Mil personnel as there never seems to be a straight answer. I served all over but was in Germany for 9yrs then N.Ireland for 8yrs so would we need them also ???????

Who Knows
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:01 pm

The way we have done is that MR M has been posted to the one place for 10 years thank God although has toured away obviously. We haven't got military checks for him too - should we have????

Now worried
Mrs Miggins x
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

The way we have done is that MR M has been posted to the one place for 10 years thank God although has toured away obviously. We haven't got military checks for him too - should we have????

Now worried
Mrs Miggins x
Yep

If you don't get them CHC will ask for them prior to PPR. Not doing so slowed our application up by about 3 months. From memory you need to contact an admin place in Glasgow to obtain them and they take about 3 weeks to come through.

Let me know if you have difficulty tracing the number/address and I will try and dig it out for you (I'm sure it will be on my home computer but I am at work at the moment)
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:50 pm

That's really good of you A/C would be great if I could get address from you as I can send off for them this week along with the other checks...

My aim is to get the PR appilcation in the post for mid october at the very latest!

I would tell Mr Miggins about it but he is off doing fire fighting work in god knows where so wouldn't be able to find out where to send anything to for at least a month. And of course - we "wives" won't get told jack crap!

Thanks again
Mrs M
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Yep

If you don't get them CHC will ask for them prior to PPR. Not doing so slowed our application up by about 3 months. From memory you need to contact an admin place in Glasgow to obtain them and they take about 3 weeks to come through.

Let me know if you have difficulty tracing the number/address and I will try and dig it out for you (I'm sure it will be on my home computer but I am at work at the moment)
Would you mean Kentigern House in Glasgow as in Army Records Office:

Officers or Soldiers whose regular or reserve service ended between 1921 and 1997
Army Personnel Centre
HQ Secretariat
Historical Disclosures
Mail Point 400
Kentigern House
65 Brown Street
Glasgow
G2 8EX
Tel: 0845 600 9663, option 1, then option 3

Let me know if this is the place you meant. If not I will do some asking as Both Me & OH are both still serving and obviously have the contacts.

What was it exactly you asked them for was it His conduct sheet or was it a report from the RMP

Cheers
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:56 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I'm totally confused... our local police service told me to use form SA1 but the CIC website says to use for 3019A for other authorities... and it also concerned me when I rang my local station they weren't 100% sure.... which damn form do I use??

Oh, and if we are using the AEO route, which we are, do we have to send all the forms off with the app or can we do what the simplified app process folks do and send it off after?

Thanks guys and gals
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:59 pm

well my OH only came out in June officially - but I will try and find the right place from that number on there! Cheers guys!

Will a letter from them also suffice for the bit where you have to try and prove your occupations over the last 10 years?

Also, he has transferred his british pilots licences over to Canadian for the civilian side of things, obviously there is no such thing in the AAC as a pilots licence. So again would the letter be enough to explain what his position was. Oh I don't know - I bloody hate having to depend on the army for anything of any importance!

Any advice would be really good!

All the best
Mrs M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.