police check back - error

Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Nowhere has a spectacular aura aboutNowhere has a spectacular aura aboutNowhere has a spectacular aura about
Default police check back - error

I got my police check back, sent to high commission but they phoned me today stating my name on the letter had been spelt wrong and I needed to get it spelt right and send to them again. I cant even phone NIS, there is only a mailbox and so does that mean I am going to have to pay again and wait another 40 days for a clerical error on their part??? I can't believe this!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all
Default Re: police check back - error

The police made a mistake on my ACPO certificate and mispelt my middle name. I spotted this before sending off the Police Cert to CIC.

I returned it to ACPO with another photocopy of my passport and they sent me a correctly spelt certificate within 48 hours. I did not have to pay - and neither should you if they are at fault.

Good luck!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Nowhere has a spectacular aura aboutNowhere has a spectacular aura aboutNowhere has a spectacular aura about

I sent them a fax asking them to send me it corrected. Im now a bit concerned though as I was given only 60 days to submit all my documents for TWP, which will be up by next Friday, (25th April).. I don't know if it will be here in time. Does anyone know if they will extend the 60 days in such circumstances?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 2:03 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Just send them an email with your file ref number on etc explaining the situation and that whilst you would hope to have this cleared up by the end of the 60 days - that you would hope they will keep the waiting period open longer due to the error of the police, and that you will fax - then hard copy your correct police checks asap.

That normally does the trick - I can't remember anyone on here ever having a file closed for the sake of a few days if they have let CIC know.

Good luck
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Moggiemiss. Its all ok now.. I got the police check today in the post!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all

Great!