Wikiposts

Police Certificate question

Old Jun 30th 2005, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

TheTonkins is on a distinguished road
Default Police Certificate question

I am principal applicant, skilled worker. My husband and I live in Cambridgeshire and both have recent Police Certificates (from Cambridgeshire Police).
However, I am Scottish and grew up, was educated etc. in Scotland for 30 years before moving to England 16 years ago. Will I need to get a Police Certificate from Scotland as well, or am I covered due to having lived in one country during my life i.e. "the UK�?
I regard myself as having lived in the UK all of my life, but should I be thinking that Scotland and England will be looked on as separate and therefore require another certificate from the Scottish Police Authorities?
Thank you any replies!

Carol
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Certificate question

Originally Posted by TheTonkins
I am principal applicant, skilled worker. My husband and I live in Cambridgeshire and both have recent Police Certificates (from Cambridgeshire Police).
However, I am Scottish and grew up, was educated etc. in Scotland for 30 years before moving to England 16 years ago. Will I need to get a Police Certificate from Scotland as well, or am I covered due to having lived in one country during my life i.e. "the UK�?
I regard myself as having lived in the UK all of my life, but should I be thinking that Scotland and England will be looked on as separate and therefore require another certificate from the Scottish Police Authorities?
Thank you any replies!

Carol
Hi Carol

I live in Scotland but I'm originally from N. Ireland. I got a form from the local copshop and ticked the boxes to get a check from the local force and one from the Police National Computer. That seems to be it!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all

Thank you any replies!

Carol
As long as you got the one that checked against the NATIONAL database, then you're fine.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by proo
As long as you got the one that checked against the NATIONAL database, then you're fine.
Thanks, both proo and TrishB, I think we will be ok in that case, with what we have.
"Almost" ready to post the whole thing off now, it's taken so long I don't really mind the long wait, ...just being in the queue at last will feel good

Carol
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough

Yes, somewhere either on the application or the web site says that you need to get police certificates from where you have lived since you turned 18 years old. I guess you will need both police certificates then.

MadHatters

Thank you any replies!

Carol
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you any replies!

Carol
Hi,
Not all Scottish and Irish offences are recorded on the police national computer, These two provinces ahve their own laws, and their own criminal databases.
In your case it would be advisable to get a Scottish police check done as well.
--------------------------------------
The advice below was issued to a poster on the Aussie forum by the police in Scotland:

Changes to the UK Police Certificate Process

We have reviewed our police clearance practices for the UK and although the process for securing a clearance for those people resident in England and Wales has not changed please note that for resident’s of Scotland they should still apply at their local police station for a Scottish Criminal Office subject access request� however (amendment);

If their Scottish Police clearance does not state the “Police National Computer� has been accessed they must secure a Person Record: Prosecution/ Criminal History from the National Identification Service (as per the practice of resident’s in England and Wales).

If they are resident or have been resident in Northern Ireland they should instead request a Person Record: Prosecution/ Criminal History from the Police Service of Northern Ireland. Enquiries should be made directly to;

The Police Service of Northern Ireland
Subject Access Office
Cro
Brooklyn Hq
65 Knock Rd

Pollyana
(police record checker)
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks very much for posting with this information Pollyana, I shall look into it for my own case. I haven't lived in Scotland for 16 years but it does fall into the "since I was 18" bracket, so I shall look into it.

Thanks again to those who posted,
Carol

[QUOTE=Pollyana]Hi,
Not all Scottish and Irish offences are recorded on the police national computer, These two provinces ahve their own laws, and their own criminal databases.
In your case it would be advisable to get a Scottish police check done as well.
--------------------------------------
Pollyana
(police record checker)
Old Jul 4th 2005, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

jorja is an unknown quantity at this point

CHC London were completely uninterested in PSNI police certificate for my application. They only wanted me to write to the Metropolitain Police in London for a national check. Unfortunately that meant a delay for my application as I took advice form the Subject Access Office at the PSNI. Hope this information is of some use.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jorja
CHC London were completely uninterested in PSNI police certificate for my application. They only wanted me to write to the Metropolitain Police in London for a national check. Unfortunately that meant a delay for my application as I took advice form the Subject Access Office at the PSNI. Hope this information is of some use.
Thanks jorja,

If there is one thing I can say about all of this....nothing is straightforward is it?!

I hope that by applying to both England and Scotland that I will have done the right thing. Now I'm thinking, ..since I wasn't married while in Scotland, will they need proof of marriage, and so see my maiden name on the certificate, since that is the name they will need to check out?

Not sure, so it gives me more things to check.
Will I ever be ready to post this application off!!

Good luck everyone

Carol
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

MapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really nice

hi, does anyone know how I go about getting a police certificate from the UK whilst I'm over here in Canada. Would calling South Wales police information line be the best option?
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MapleDragon
hi, does anyone know how I go about getting a police certificate from the UK whilst I'm over here in Canada. Would calling South Wales police information line be the best option?
I'm pretty sure you have to apply to the region where you last lived in the UK.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MapleDragon
Would calling South Wales police information line be the best option?
Save your pennies and download the form here.

http://www.south-wales.police.uk/fe/...asp?n1=2&n2=66
Old Jul 6th 2005, 8:07 am
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you any replies!

Carol
Hi Carol

Ilived and worked in England for many years but was born and lived in Scotland for some years to......... and yes you should get a Scottish police check done as well as the English one.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

MarkS is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rossandvi
Hi Carol

Ilived and worked in England for many years but was born and lived in Scotland for some years to......... and yes you should get a Scottish police check done as well as the English one.
You only need the national one from the Met. I lived in Scotland and England and just sent off to Northumberland Constabulary (I livedin Newcastle at the time) for the forms which I then filled out and sent to London along with 10 pounds. Easy as pie. Certificate arrived back in 1 month.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

MapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really nice

biiink youre a star thank you!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.