Police Certificate

Old Jan 13th 2023, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Drunkarchaeologist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Certificate

So I'll shortly be going to Canada to apply inland, and I was wondering if it's worth me applying for my police certificate before I go?

cheers
Drunkarchaeologist
Old Jan 14th 2023, 12:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Certificate

Normally I'd say yes, to save having to get it sent to Canada. But if you're trying to apply inland but moving as a 'visitor' then you really don't want to be taking stuff like that with you in case your bags are searched! It would make it really obviously you're going to try and stay - remember, Inland apps aren't dual intend, so you shouldn't be trying to move to Canada as a visitor and need to be very careful when trying to enter.
Old Jan 14th 2023, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Normally I'd say yes, to save having to get it sent to Canada. But if you're trying to apply inland but moving as a 'visitor' then you really don't want to be taking stuff like that with you in case your bags are searched! It would make it really obviously you're going to try and stay - remember, Inland apps aren't dual intend, so you shouldn't be trying to move to Canada as a visitor and need to be very careful when trying to enter.
oh right, just h to at I saw on the Police Certificate website something about not sending out internationally with Royal Mail or something so was wondering if it would be easier to get it before so go and put it in my checked baggage instead of my carry on. I’m applying inland as my fiancé has gone back home to Canada and really doesn’t want to be in the UK so it’s more simple for me to go there. It’s just what I got told last year when I went to an immigration welcome centre in Canada to come as a visitor and apply inland, and then got the same advice when we had a meeting with an immigration lawyer
Old Jan 14th 2023, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you read paragraph 14 of page 81 of this Manual

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ir.../enf04-eng.pdf

So what is your reply to when/if the officer asks you "So When are you going back?"
Old Jan 14th 2023, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I suggest you read paragraph 14 of page 81 of this Manual

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ir.../enf04-eng.pdf

So what is your reply to when/if the officer asks you "So When are you going back?"

I am really not sure, I’m getting worried now as due to fly out next month. Basically I have been told by two different Immigration lawyers to fly out to Canada on a visitor visa, apply for Common Law Spousal Sponsorship Inland and apply for an Open Work Permit at the same time, to the point them telling me to also book a return flight but just cancel it when I’m in Canada
Old Jan 14th 2023, 9:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Drunkarchaeologist
I am really not sure, I’m getting worried now as due to fly out next month. Basically I have been told by two different Immigration lawyers to fly out to Canada on a visitor visa, apply for Common Law Spousal Sponsorship Inland and apply for an Open Work Permit at the same time, to the point them telling me to also book a return flight but just cancel it when I’m in Canada
Worth noting that FL is a CBSA officer. Possibly the one that will be asking you questions when you arrive.

Putting stuff in your checked baggage won’t help as it would still be found in a search. I’d not take a police cert with you for that reason personally.
Old Jan 14th 2023, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It will all depend on the examining officer and how they deal with it. Potential 1st red flag is no application submitted and although I appreciate it is an Inland application there is no guarantee application will be approved. Last update for this type of application is currently sitting at 13 months. So does the officer think what will this person be doing for approx 13 months or longer while waiting for approval. Do they have sufficient funds to ride it out knowing that you cannot work on visitor status.
Does the officer think since Covid hit and still is hitting what risk do you pose if any to be in non compliance with the Act and use a common sense approach that if you were required to leave for any reason that you would do.

For the last 5 years I have strictly been working in Enforcement of the Act which involve temporary and permanent residents. I have seen 5 year Exclusion Orders issued just for answering a question wrong on an application submitted to IRCC. What ties if any do you still have to your country of citizenship/residence?

A definitive answer to a question like yours cannot be given so you have to decide if the risk/reward is worth it using the worst case scenario should it happen.
Old Jan 15th 2023, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
It will all depend on the examining officer and how they deal with it. Potential 1st red flag is no application submitted and although I appreciate it is an Inland application there is no guarantee application will be approved. Last update for this type of application is currently sitting at 13 months. So does the officer think what will this person be doing for approx 13 months or longer while waiting for approval. Do they have sufficient funds to ride it out knowing that you cannot work on visitor status.
Does the officer think since Covid hit and still is hitting what risk do you pose if any to be in non compliance with the Act and use a common sense approach that if you were required to leave for any reason that you would do.

For the last 5 years I have strictly been working in Enforcement of the Act which involve temporary and permanent residents. I have seen 5 year Exclusion Orders issued just for answering a question wrong on an application submitted to IRCC. What ties if any do you still have to your country of citizenship/residence?

A definitive answer to a question like yours cannot be given so you have to decide if the risk/reward is worth it using the worst case scenario should it happen.
I do understand all this, and I know it’s more risky applying inland than it is Outland. But my fiancé wants to be home in Canada as she is incredibly homesick, and we just thought this was the best option for us, it does help that we can live rent/bill free at her mums whilst we get sorted. Basically what this immigration lawyer told us to do is for me to come on a visitor visa and apply inland and an open work permit, and that if it was taking its time (which it probably will with the backlogs) and getting close to the 6 months my visitor visa runs out is to apply for an extension to it