Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Police Cert from Italy for IEC Visa. Advice needed.

Police Cert from Italy for IEC Visa. Advice needed.

Old Nov 29th 2012, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

criodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud of
Default Police Cert from Italy for IEC Visa. Advice needed.

Hi,

I am leaving it late to get my sh*t together for the IEC 2 year working visa. I lived in Italy for 2 years from 99-01, and therefore need police clearance. As far as I'm aware, I can do it through the embassy,but anyone been in a similar situation? How long would it take?
Would I be ambitious thinking I'd have it before Christmas?

If it's meant to be.......

Update: I also need to get one from France, and am informed it is pretty easy, so am currently going through that. Big panic on..........

Last edited by criodain; Nov 29th 2012 at 11:44 am.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Cert from Italy for IEC Visa. Advice needed.

Sorry I can't help you on the Italian one but my French one took about 3 business days all in all. I nearly fell off my chair when I received it so quickly, they're not exactly known for bureaucratic speediness!!
Old Nov 29th 2012, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

criodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud of

Excellent to know. I sent a scan of my passport according to the website I used. Is that all that is needed? I was in France on my old passport though, so not sure how all that works...
Old Nov 30th 2012, 12:22 am
Just Joined

Sweden is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by criodain
Hi,

I am leaving it late to get my sh*t together for the IEC 2 year working visa. I lived in Italy for 2 years from 99-01, and therefore need police clearance. As far as I'm aware, I can do it through the embassy,but anyone been in a similar situation? How long would it take?
Would I be ambitious thinking I'd have it before Christmas?

If it's meant to be.......

Update: I also need to get one from France, and am informed it is pretty easy, so am currently going through that. Big panic on..........
French one is pretty easy and quick, I can confirm!
For Italy - if you live in Italy, you can go straight to the Procura and be done with it. Assuming you're not, the embassy will probably be useless... it was to me anyway.
Best I found was to use a third party company - you email them the documents (ID etc), pay a rather large sum of money and they handle it for you... They can do the translation as well.

I used http://www.prontobollo.com/certifica...ichi-pendenti/ (that's the link to the different certificates you might need, I applied through family sponsorship so I needed 2 different ones, it might be different for you), I didn't use them for the translation (had a contact in Italy for that) but they offer the service on their website.

You might be able to get everything before Christmas, but no guarantee - worth a try!
Good luck,
Sweden
Old Nov 30th 2012, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Criodain

From memory, I just went on the Police Nationale website (got the link from the CIC website) and filled in an online form. As I am no longer resident in France, this generated an email and I just had to send a scanned copy of my passport. As my name has changed since then, I also sent a copy of my old passport and the dates I was living in France (probably not necessary and they didn't ask for it). It really was as easy as that. I then got an email the same day to say it had been despatched. Good luck!
Old Nov 30th 2012, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

I replied to the French one with a scan of my passport, so am waiting to hear back from them. The Italian one is the one that worries me. What can I do??
Old Nov 30th 2012, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sweden

I used http://www.prontobollo.com/certifica...ichi-pendenti/ (that's the link to the different certificates you might need, I applied through family sponsorship so I needed 2 different ones, it might be different for you), I didn't use them for the translation (had a contact in Italy for that) but they offer the service on their website.

You might be able to get everything before Christmas, but no guarantee - worth a try!
Good luck,
Sweden
How long did it take you to get the Italian clearance?