points awarded for job

Old Jun 10th 2005, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

nottingham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default points awarded for job

Hello,
Does anyone know if as a fully qualified driving instructor, i can claim any extra points to add to my education score. Does it class as a trade?
I have a certificate to prove that i am qualified and it is on the list of occupations.
Any help appreciated.

John
Old Jun 10th 2005, 2:48 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: points awarded for job

First - you are not "adding" any extra points for education, you simply get points for the highest level of education you have.

What is your education beside being driving instructor? How many years of full time class attendance, training and/or apprenriceship are required in your country for completion of the driving instructor program?

Originally Posted by nottingham
Hello,
Does anyone know if as a fully qualified driving instructor, i can claim any extra points to add to my education score. Does it class as a trade?
I have a certificate to prove that i am qualified and it is on the list of occupations.
Any help appreciated.

John
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

nottingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
First - you are not "adding" any extra points for education, you simply get points for the highest level of education you have.

What is your education beside being driving instructor? How many years of full time class attendance, training and/or apprenriceship are required in your country for completion of the driving instructor program?

Hi,there is no set amount of time to complete training, but it could be anywhere between 1 or 2 years. My education is only up to O level standard with 11 years full time education.
Thanks for your help
Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:09 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the authority that granted you the driving instructor certificate? They must have minimum program requirements for such certificate.

Your certificate must meet the definition of educational credential as described in Regulations here:

www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2-227/sec73.html

And it is the minimum duration of the program (on full time basis) required to be completed what will determine if it is a 1-year, 2-year or 3-year credential.

Originally Posted by nottingham
Hi,there is no set amount of time to complete training, but it could be anywhere between 1 or 2 years. My education is only up to O level standard with 11 years full time education.
Thanks for your help