Points??

Old Oct 18th 2001, 9:56 pm
Simon King

I am looking at applying for a visa in about 12 months and have done a rough
assesment of about 62 points (before interview).

The immigration paperwork (and a few sites) say you need a minimum of 60/61 before
interview and then you can hopefully get the 70 (if you are perfect on the
interview!).

A few people have said that they have already got 70+ points and they are
still worried!!

Now the questions.

Q1. How on earth did they get 70+ points? Are they all Bi-lingual? With a job offer?
And relatives?
Q2. Why are people still advising others with 60+ not to bother when the canada house
paperwork says to try?

There are a few people in my work that are going to try or have sent the paperwork
off, and we all have about the same score!

Can anyone assist as we all think we cannot get a visa + the one that has applied
thinks he has thrown his money away!

We are Telecommunication Systems Engineering Technicians with the MOD and atleast 10
years experience, with BTEC's in Engineering (Amongst other Qualifications) and are
applying as Telecommunications Equipment Technicians or Electrical and Electronics
Engineering Technicians (The points are the same!)

Old Oct 18th 2001, 10:13 pm
Andrew Miller

First of all points alone are not enough for successful application. Second cases
with well over 70 points may be rejected while others with much less then 70 may get
approved - there are other factors to be considered and processing officers have wide
discretion to make positive or negative decision. Don't count on more than 6 (maybe
7) points at the interview, so the case with 63 - 64 points prior to the personal
suitability factor will be a borderline one and professional assistance would be
recommended.

I am sending the assessment form directly to your email address - please complete it
in details and email it back for free evaluation.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >