POE work permit. Guaranteed?

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

daveh123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default POE work permit. Guaranteed?

Hi all,

I know there are a lot of very similar threads to this at the moment but was wondering if you could help.
I have just received my positive LMO . However after reading some of the threads on here, I was unsure of the time scale for receiving a work permit from London.
As my girlfriend and I would like to be in Alberta by late October we were thinking of applying for the permit at Calgary. However as we are not married, is it likely we may be refused an open permit if we do not have enough common-law evidence?? or would we better to apply for the permit here and just wait?
Also, is it possible to speak to anyone regarding such issues at the CIC? or am I being daft??!!

Many thanks,
Dave.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: POE work permit. Guaranteed?

Originally Posted by daveh123
Hi all,

I know there are a lot of very similar threads to this at the moment but was wondering if you could help.
I have just received my positive LMO . However after reading some of the threads on here, I was unsure of the time scale for receiving a work permit from London.
As my girlfriend and I would like to be in Alberta by late October we were thinking of applying for the permit at Calgary. However as we are not married, is it likely we may be refused an open permit if we do not have enough common-law evidence?? or would we better to apply for the permit here and just wait?
Also, is it possible to speak to anyone regarding such issues at the CIC? or am I being daft??!!

I think you are being daft thinking you may get to speak to someone

Many thanks,
Dave.
I think you have time to get a WP out of London , especially if you apply soon, I think they have sped their act up recently and I think you may resoanbly expect to get it within 8 weeks and this may make you a bit more comfortable

Gryph
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

daveh123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: POE work permit. Guaranteed?

Thanks Gryph
As soon as I get the LMO from my employer I will send the application in.
Hopefully it won't take too long!

Originally Posted by gryphea
I think you have time to get a WP out of London , especially if you apply soon, I think they have sped their act up recently and I think you may resoanbly expect to get it within 8 weeks and this may make you a bit more comfortable

Gryph