Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

KAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really nice
Default Re: PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Have been reading the posts on here for a long time but now, at long last I can add our time line now.

1) Provincial office where applied: AB
2) Date when application was POSTED: 3rd January 2008
3) Date when they received the application: 8th January 2008
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? A Few calls regarding staff in the co
5) Date when decision made or received? 17th March 2008
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? N/A
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Forms to be sent in asap.

OH is in the forces so can't move out until end of August. Does anyone know if we can apply for TWP at POE if PR isn't granted before we get there?

Thanks

Karen
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:41 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KAT16

OH is in the forces so can't move out until end of August. Does anyone know if we can apply for TWP at POE if PR isn't granted before we get there?

Thanks

Karen
welcome to the thread

short answer: yes, you can.

take with you all paperwork you would send to london for applying for a wp. as part of that you need a lettre from abpnp which states that they nominated you, your employer wants you to work with them asap and that you are eligible for a lmo-exempt wp under r204(c) * of the immigration regulations.

several members in this thread did the poe / flagpoling (= border crossing for visa activation, you obviously apply at a poe then) thing. you find the regulations (r198) for that in cic foreign worker manual, on page 27.

* quote from the cic foreign worker manual, page 35
R204(c) Agreement entered into by the Minister with a Province

It has been agreed with the provinces that have entered into provincial nominee agreements that a person who has been nominated by a province for permanent residence and has a job offer from an employer based in that province may be issued a work permit without requiring a job offer confirmation opinion from HRSDC.
In order for this provision to be applied, the application for the work permit must include a letter from the provincial government that confirms:
• that the foreign national has been nominated for permanent residence by the province; and
• that the nominated individual is urgently required by the provincial-based employer who has made the foreign national a job offer.

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

KAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really nice

Thankyou.

Fingers crossed PR gets sorted before we go!

Thanks to everyone as well. I haven't posted often because I found all the answers I needed just by reading the posts, and to be honest I never thought we would get this far.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

1) Provincial office where applied: AB
2) Date when application was POSTED: 14th March 2008
3) Date when they received the application: Not sure
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Don't think so.
5) Date when decision made or received? 23rd April 2008.
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Inside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Hubby on TWP, I'm on OWP. He works in Computer Games.
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Just waiting for all the police checks to come back so we can send the application off.

WOO-HOO! One step nearer
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

1) Provincial office where applied: BC
2) Date when application was POSTED: 29th November 2007
3) Date when they received the application: 30th November 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between: No
5) Date when decision made or received? Nomination recieved 17th December 2007
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?Outside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? N/A
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? 5 months & absolutely no problems at all. We land on 8th May 2008. See below for more detailed information.

Last edited by Tracie107; Apr 23rd 2008 at 7:56 pm. Reason: missed a question
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

supafly is an unknown quantity at this point

It would be interesting also to include a field "what your occupation is".

I have a question - has anyone had a successful PNP application with no uni degree?

Esp. those working in Information Technology with things like MCSE's, CCNA's etc.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

einselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really nice

Hi Supafly

You do not need a Universaty degree to be a successful PNP candidate. Your occupation must just fall under the Strategic Occupation List. That is for BC though.

I know Tracie107. Her OH is a Motor Mechanic and I am an Electrician. No degree for these occupations, only vocational training.

Sorry. Cannot help with the IT part of your question.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by einselec
Hi Supafly

You do not need a Universaty degree to be a successful PNP candidate. Your occupation must just fall under the Strategic Occupation List. That is for BC though.

I know Tracie107. Her OH is a Motor Mechanic and I am an Electrician. No degree for these occupations, only vocational training.

Sorry. Cannot help with the IT part of your question.
Thanks for the reply - yip I am talking about a BC PNP application.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 5:30 am
Just Joined

einselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really nice

Supafly

Go and "Google" BC PNP. Check out the official BC PNP page and go click on the "Strategic Occupation List" tab. You will find all the occupations covered by the BC PNP program there.

Hope you qualify because this is one of the quickest ways to become a Permanent Resident. Lots less paperwork and supporting documents necessary to apply for PR this way than the normal route. Also not necessary for the "Proof of funds" part of the normal application because you will be employed!

Good Luck!!!!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 8:44 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by einselec
Supafly

Go and "Google" BC PNP. Check out the official BC PNP page and go click on the "Strategic Occupation List" tab. You will find all the occupations covered by the BC PNP program there.
http://www.ecdev.gov.bc.ca/ProgramsA.../PNP/index.htm

just a small correction: the lists contain examples and these are propably the occupations which have an outstanding need for employees. meaning that your chances to get nominated are way better if you find your job on the list than working in a non-listed occupation which doesn't fall under the ineligible section.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the reply einselec but you're preaching to the choir - i submitted my forms on March 18.. just waiting right now!

i am a systems administrator which seems to be part of the "strategic occupations group" - the only problem this whole time has been that quite a few lawyers have told me i need not even bother applying without a uni degree, i have 10 years experience in my role and a trade certification.

this friday will be 4 weeks so i will give them a ring then to find out how far along it is!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Sorry Supafly

Hope you get a positive outcome from BC PNP soon!!!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Hoss123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys:

I have an important question and would greatly appreciate it if somebody can help me out. I have been nominated by BCPNP last year and send my PR application to Buffalo on November. They sent AOR and required medical exam on November 29, 2007; however I wasn't in Vancouver, and therefore, wasn't aware of such a letter. When I came back on March 27, 2008, I did the medical test right way.
When I looked into the CIC website, PNP applications in Buffalo take 5 to 9 month to be finalized. But the timelines in this website are usually ranged between 1 to 4 months after doing the medical test. Do you guys have any idea how long the processing of the application takes after doing the medical test?
What about interview? Do they set up an interview or not, since we have been already nominated by the BC government and got their approval?

Thanks,
Hoss
Old May 7th 2008, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

CuriousJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

New to the board and thought I would add my info...

1) Provincial office where applied: BC
2) Date when application was POSTED: 24th August 2007
3) Date when they received the application: Not sure
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? None
5) Date when decision made or received? 14th Sep 2007.
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Inside Canada

7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? BA on work permit which expired on mar 28,2008 - applied to renew in early Feb but have not received it yet, they said it's forwarded to the "special cases centre" or sth like that. don't know the reason and they wouldn't tell me either.

8) PR application receipt at Buffalo (minus the originating country Background check): Oct 25,2007

9) Medicals received & done: Jan 20,2008 - Jan 27,2008

10) Police certificate from originating country submitted: Feb 10,2008

11) Last communication regarding the status with Buffalo: May 5,2008 - in response to my inquiry they sent me an e-mail stating that "We have requested background information from other government offices(s). Unfortunately, we cannot provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete."

Anyway, this is my 2c... any thoughts/comments are more thatn welcome. I am getting a bit worried as things do not look that promising in my case. But I can only wait and see...
cheers
J
Old May 20th 2008, 7:39 am

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted off my PNP to NS on the 27th March, has anyone posted around a similar time and heard back yet? Just wondered.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.