Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:28 am
Just Joined

deadline is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Thanks High numbers!

I checked that site you posted above earlier this morning but the main application forms for the BC PNP and the relevant info is on the BC PNP site.

Just wondering if anyone has the downloaded version of the BC PNP application forms and would be kind enough to have them emailed to me? Many thanks!!

Please PM me and I will send you my email immediately. Thanks!!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deadline
Thanks High numbers!

I checked that site you posted above earlier this morning but the main application forms for the BC PNP and the relevant info is on the BC PNP site.

Just wondering if anyone has the downloaded version of the BC PNP application forms and would be kind enough to have them emailed to me? Many thanks!!

Please PM me and I will send you my email immediately. Thanks!!
Sorry I know the forms you need as I am going to be applying soon (I hope). As I can say is if the site is still down phone tem first thing in the morning and get them emailed to you!

Good luck
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by High numbers
Sorry I know the forms you need as I am going to be applying soon (I hope). As I can say is if the site is still down phone tem first thing in the morning and get them emailed to you!

Good luck
Ya, guess that's what I will do. I've been looking at it for quite some time. Just bought a new printer and got the letter of recommendation from my employer just yesterday.

Still hoping there might be someone out there who has a downloaded copy of all the forms. =)
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Ya, guess that's what I will do. I've been looking at it for quite some time. Just bought a new printer and got the letter of recommendation from my employer just yesterday.

Still hoping there might be someone out there who has a downloaded copy of all the forms. =)
Sorry for all the Personal Messages to a couple of members of this forum. The PNP website was down for a couple of days. I was so desperate to get the application form that I emailed a couple of people to see if they got a copy.

Just a note, the website is up and I managed to get all the application forms. For future reference, if anyone needs the forms, they can PM me through the website and I can provide the required documents.

Good luck to everyone, including myself. =)
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for all the Personal Messages to a couple of members of this forum. The PNP website was down for a couple of days. I was so desperate to get the application form that I emailed a couple of people to see if they got a copy.

Just a note, the website is up and I managed to get all the application forms. For future reference, if anyone needs the forms, they can PM me through the website and I can provide the required documents.

Good luck to everyone, including myself. =)
Sorry - only just seen your PM. Glad you go the forms abd good luck

L2S
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by live to ski
Sorry - only just seen your PM. Glad you go the forms abd good luck

L2S
No worries, live to ski. Thanks for the luck... I think I need it.

Just a question to those who has done it, my company is able to provide me a copy of certificate of incorporation but unable to provide me a valid BC business license till a later date because he does not have it with him. Is that okie?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

the davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nice

Originally Posted by the davis family
1) Provincial office where applied: Regina SK
2) Date when application was POSTED: Consultant sent it beginning of Feb 2007
3) Date when they received the application: 15th Feb 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? No
5) Date when decision made or received? PNP approval 7th Sep 2007, took ages
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Inside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Working for employer on 2 year TWP
8) How long after initial application of PNP decision was PR granted? PR application in process
9) Where was WP application sent, eg, Vegreville or PoE? Did not need extension as 2 year one was still valid
10) How long for WP?
11) PR application submitted? 8th Oct to Buffalo. Minus UK Police checks
12) aor CIC?
13) Med requests? Received 24th Oct 2007
14) Meds taken? Booked for 22nd Nov 2007
15) Landed?
16) anything else letter from LA Consulate(24 Jan 08)to request medicals, which were done 2nd November!! Now letter says our case wont be reviewed for another 120 days

Hope this helps
ARRRRGH!! I can't believe it we were doing so well, now I've got to try and find what happened to our medicals, have a feeling they were sent to Buffalo and haven't caught up yet. But what annoys me most is they're not going to look at our file again for another 4 months:curse:
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the davis family
ARRRRGH!! I can't believe it we were doing so well, now I've got to try and find what happened to our medicals, have a feeling they were sent to Buffalo and haven't caught up yet. But what annoys me most is they're not going to look at our file again for another 4 months:curse:
Totally pants news about the medicals.

I was convinced when our Police Certs. went AWOL from Seattle that we'd have to get them done again, but luckily they managed to find them....hhmm...

I really hope that they mean that they won't review your case for 120 days to punish you for not doing the meds when you were first requested. Rather than if they happen to find them.

Maybe a few passive aggressively worded emails / faxes saying that meds were done, giving dates / locations / doctors name etc. and give details of them being sent to Buffalo because you weren't informed before that file was transfered to LA before medical.

Buffalo did similar to us - sent us med requests. I promptly booked our medicals for a few days later. When I got back into office after medical there was a letter waiting for me saying that file had been transferred to Seattle. Quick phone call to doctor's office to inform them of this.

Although I think all med results get sent somewhere else.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

the davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nice

Sent email to LA, explaining the Doctor probably sent it to Buffalo as the file hadn't been transferred at that time. Even though in the letter it said not to contact them, only if a change in family composition or change in address, I hope to God their not punishing us.

Also rang Doctors to make sure they did send them, they said they would look into it (rather worryingly they havent got back to me yet). Am feeling quite depressed at this setback it seems to be dragging on and on forever.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:58 am
Just Joined

einselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really niceeinselec is just really nice

Hello there

I just had to bump this thread up again because I see there are many new members that might learn something from some of the timelines that has been logged here!!

I filed in Pretoria in South Africa for PR on the 1st of February but have not heard anything from them as yet. Would love to at least get my AOR date from them and hope that medical requests will be in same letter.

We will not come to Canada on TWP because we cannot sell the house when going on a TWP and I must close down my business of 10years and the wife must still resign.

We received our police clearances yesterday but cannot send it in because of the AOR and file number that we still need.

Hope this happens soon because we are really looking forward to starting our new lives in Canada!!

Regards from Africa
Einselec
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:16 pm
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

Updated. I can now personally recommend flagpoling if you need a WP extension...

1) Provincial office where applied: BC
2) Date when application was FEDEXED: 20th November 2007
3) Date when they received the application: 21st November 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Got my file number by post 20th December 2007
5) Date when decision made or received? 17th January 2008 via fax to work. Official PNP certificate pack arrived approx 8 days later - had to request WP issuance letter as it was not included - this was emailed PDF in the end as the first one spelt my name wrong.
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Inside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Working for employer on one-year BUNAC visa. 13th Feb went to POE at Peace Arch (at Live to Ski's recommendation rather than wait for post to Vegreville) and been granted a new work permit for 1 year as BUNAC was due to expire in April.
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Will also let you know... aiming to post application in next 10 days...
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Glad to hear the swing round the flag pole went well Ski Bunny.

We went to Mnt Baker at the weekend. Crossed at Summas. We didn't have our PR cards, but both US and Canadian IOs were fine with that.

PR cards arrived today - 3 weeks and 2 days after offically landing. Just need to get new SIN # and inform all that need informing of new #
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:26 am
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

Glad to hear they let you back in I'm going to England for 9 days at Easter and was worried about getting back in with only 3 weeks left on my bunac, hence not waiting for Vegreville. I guess now your PR cards have arrived there will be no more cold sweats at immigration for you

I have to extend my temp SIN now too, and update my MSP with new WP info. Can't wait till I'm in your position and the task list end is finally in sight!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SkiBunny
Glad to hear they let you back in I'm going to England for 9 days at Easter and was worried about getting back in with only 3 weeks left on my bunac, hence not waiting for Vegreville. I guess now your PR cards have arrived there will be no more cold sweats at immigration for you

I have to extend my temp SIN now too, and update my MSP with new WP info. Can't wait till I'm in your position and the task list end is finally in sight!
Well we got new SINs this morning - now just need to tell all banks, MSP etc.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

UPDATE

1) Provincial office where applied: Regina SK
2) Date when application was POSTED: Consultant sent it beginning of Feb 2007
3) Date when they received the application: 15th Feb 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? No
5) Date when decision made or received? PNP approval 7th Sep 2007, took ages
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Working for employer on 2 year TWP
8) How long after initial application of PNP decision was PR granted? PR application in process
9) Where was WP application sent, eg, Vegreville or PoE? Did not need extension as 2 year one was still valid
10) How long for WP?
11) PR application submitted? 8th Oct to Buffalo. Minus UK Police checks
12) aor CIC?
13) Med requests? Received 24th Oct 2007
14) Meds taken? Booked for 22nd Nov 2007
15) Landed?
16) anything else?

Received our passports back 29th Feb two weeks after being sent, going down to US border probably next weekend might spend a day or two in Minot sightseeing. Depends if little master Davis broken nose is looking better. Seems soccer is just as dangerous as skating and skiing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.