PNP question

Old Jun 3rd 2006, 10:16 am
Just Joined

nipperdog is on a distinguished road
Default PNP question

Hi all, I am new here and hope this question hasn't been asked before, if so I can't find it. I did post this on the lifestyle page before realising it was in the wrong place..doh!
My husband and I were about to submit a skilled worked application with me as the main applicant as he is unlikely to qualify on points, but I am. However we were also looking at PNP for Edmonton Police Service. We are both serving UK officers. EPS advised us to get our application in to CHC for a file number (is this the AOR?).
It is unlikely I would pass the EPS fitness test as it is a killer, but hubby would more than likely pass.
So...if I am the main applicant as skilled worker can he be the PNP applicant? Can we even do this, or do we have to just apply to EPS under PNP and forget the skilled worked part? If so how do we get a file number to give to EPS?
Help I am totally confused? I am awaiting an answer from EPS regarding this too.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP question

Originally Posted by nipperdog
Hi all, I am new here and hope this question hasn't been asked before, if so I can't find it. I did post this on the lifestyle page before realising it was in the wrong place..doh!
My husband and I were about to submit a skilled worked application with me as the main applicant as he is unlikely to qualify on points, but I am. However we were also looking at PNP for Edmonton Police Service. We are both serving UK officers. EPS advised us to get our application in to CHC for a file number (is this the AOR?).
It is unlikely I would pass the EPS fitness test as it is a killer, but hubby would more than likely pass.
So...if I am the main applicant as skilled worker can he be the PNP applicant? Can we even do this, or do we have to just apply to EPS under PNP and forget the skilled worked part? If so how do we get a file number to give to EPS?
Help I am totally confused? I am awaiting an answer from EPS regarding this too.
I am sure the pro's will correct me if I am wrong but I think it is either one or the other. A skilled Worker application will take years and will include both of your details irrespective of who is the principal applicant. The PNP application is submitted by Edmonton Police not you. It is their responsibility to complete the process, receive authorisation to employ your husband and then off you go. The process for Employers is very similar to getting a Labour Market Opinion for a Work Permit and as with this it is the Employers responsibility.
Here is the address of the official CIC site:
http://www.alberta-canada.com/pnp/
Good luck and if you want to be there soon then PNP (about 1 year at the moment)is the route to go rather than Skilled (who knows, 3 - 4 years and growing)
Stuarty