Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP nominee & changing jobs - timeline

PNP nominee & changing jobs - timeline

Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:03 am
Arrived Calgary 28 Jan 09

thebakers4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PNP nominee & changing jobs - timeline

Hi there,

I have recently received PNP in BC and have been approached by another employer in town who would be interested in hiring me! They have hired foreign workers before so are eligible to hire me. I know I would have to contact the PNP office if I wanted to change jobs and hope they'd let me change employer but has anyone experienced this and how long would it take??

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as Im not sure if I want to take the other job as yet but want to keep my options open and see how long it would all take.

Thanks
Old Jun 16th 2011, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to all
Default Re: PNP nominee & changing jobs - timeline

Quoting 16 to 18 weeks at present
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Paul in Victoria
Quoting 16 to 18 weeks at present
Hi thanks for the reply - I already have the acceptance to PNP - that took 12 weeks to the day but am trying to find out if anyone has changed employer & how they went about it/how long it took to change employer on the nomination acceptance??
Old Jun 17th 2011, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

molby will become famous soon enoughmolby will become famous soon enough

Not sure how long it would take, but I always understood that if you were moving to the same/similar role, it wouldn't be a big deal.
I'm also in Fernie Wish the rain would STOP!!!
Old Jun 17th 2011, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by molby
Not sure how long it would take, but I always understood that if you were moving to the same/similar role, it wouldn't be a big deal.
I'm also in Fernie Wish the rain would STOP!!!
Thanks Molby, yeah the rain is a pain! You've given me some hope then if it wouldn't take too long! I may well call the pnp office to see what they say but don't want to mess things up!