Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Nominations processing time London UK now 21 months

PNP Nominations processing time London UK now 21 months

Old Jan 6th 2014, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

newharbour is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PNP Nominations processing time London UK now 21 months

Hi, the processing time now says 27 months. They had my PR (PNP) application for six months now and no medical request yet. I can't see why my application is so much longer than other's timelines, but can't contact CIC until 27 months! So much for PR in January.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 7:09 am
Collector of Junk!

missieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud of

We got our medical requests today from London, it was submitted to Nova Scotia in March and then we received confirmation in May that it had been forwarded to London for processing, so 9 months from submission to London to Med request, not bad considering the timelines that are being posted
Old Feb 4th 2014, 7:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missieleah
We got our medical requests today from London, it was submitted to Nova Scotia in March and then we received confirmation in May that it had been forwarded to London for processing, so 9 months from submission to London to Med request, not bad considering the timelines that are being posted
Could be another year before you get PR though! Don't get too excited just yet. For some reason CIC seem to be requesting medicals really early. Most unhelpful!
Old Feb 4th 2014, 7:59 am
Collector of Junk!

missieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Could be another year before you get PR though! Don't get too excited just yet. For some reason CIC seem to be requesting medicals really early. Most unhelpful!
You know I might be bankrupt before that happens! lol... 1700 for here for PR application, 1350 for medicals and 980 for pr cards! I cant understand why the cost of the pr cards is not rolled into the original fees that we paid
Old Feb 4th 2014, 8:04 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

congrats on the medical requests, I'm not sure what is going on at CIC, but it seems we were very lucky to PR in our timeline. We have been here in Brandon for almost 6 months, living the dream, no regrets what so ever. I found that bombarding CIC with our plans,proof of research and our planned way forward speeded up our process dramatically. Hope my timeline fills you with optimism and serves as a guide for you all. Wishing you all speedy processing.

Regards

Andrew
Old Feb 4th 2014, 10:42 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You know I might be bankrupt before that happens! lol... 1700 for here for PR application, 1350 for medicals and 980 for pr cards! I cant understand why the cost of the pr cards is not rolled into the original fees that we paid
You don't pay separately for PR cards as that is included in the Right of Permanent Residence fee - or do you mean the RoPR fee? You only pay that if you are approved.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa....asp#permanent

That seems an awful lot for medicals!

Old Feb 5th 2014, 2:11 pm
Collector of Junk!

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You don't pay separately for PR cards as that is included in the Right of Permanent Residence fee - or do you mean the RoPR fee? You only pay that if you are approved.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa....asp#permanent

That seems an awful lot for medicals!

This was exactly what was in the email:-
-Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (A bank draft must be submitted. We do not accept online payments). I paid $1700 in a draft which was cashed and acknowledged in May last year by CIC Canada, but the UK have requested the above. Is this the fee that they are talking about, I'm now totally confused again or is it a separate fee that is due.

With regard to the medicals, I've got four kids, so its 180 for each of them and then 350ish for both hubby and me
I also got requests today to have a fingerprint test done for myself and an RCMP report, my hubby is not required to do one!

Last edited by missieleah; Feb 5th 2014 at 2:16 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 6:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

This was exactly what was in the email:-
-Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (A bank draft must be submitted. We do not accept online payments). I paid $1700 in a draft which was cashed and acknowledged in May last year by CIC Canada, but the UK have requested the above. Is this the fee that they are talking about, I'm now totally confused again or is it a separate fee that is due.
Sounds like you didn't pay the ROPR fee when you first applied then if you only paid $1700.

Note it's not '$980 for PR cards', it's the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. Your $50 for the cards is included in that.

It is something you need to pay in addition to your application fees of $1700. It would have been mention on the paperwork, but if in any doubt, you can use the fees calculator on the CIC website to double check.

HTH.