Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Mistake? 2nd step advice please

PNP Mistake? 2nd step advice please

Old Feb 6th 2013, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

chrissyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PNP Mistake? 2nd step advice please

So we filled out all the forms and sent to BC PNP.

Have just received letter of acceptance today yipppeee

So it looks to me as if the 2nd step (sending forms to CIC) is all the same forms I submitted to BC PNP. However I happened to miss the part which said send photocopies to BC PNP (I'm sure I saw that somewhere) so was half expecting our application returned. So as I do not have the originals here I am going to have to fill out the forms which couldn't be saved again! My question is, if something is spelt differently etc will this affect the application?!

2nd Q , My fiance has a daughter whos 13 in the U.K , they are still in contact but the forms request she has a medical and copies of her passport. As far as we are aware she doesnt have a passport and there is no way her mum will take her to a medical. We did put on the forms passport number unknown it was still accepted?

Any advice appreciated
Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:48 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all
Default Re: PNP Mistake? 2nd step advice please

Originally Posted by chrissyb
So we filled out all the forms and sent to BC PNP.

Have just received letter of acceptance today yipppeee

So it looks to me as if the 2nd step (sending forms to CIC) is all the same forms I submitted to BC PNP. However I happened to miss the part which said send photocopies to BC PNP (I'm sure I saw that somewhere) so was half expecting our application returned. So as I do not have the originals here I am going to have to fill out the forms which couldn't be saved again! My question is, if something is spelt differently etc will this affect the application?!

2nd Q , My fiance has a daughter whos 13 in the U.K , they are still in contact but the forms request she has a medical and copies of her passport. As far as we are aware she doesnt have a passport and there is no way her mum will take her to a medical. We did put on the forms passport number unknown it was still accepted?

Any advice appreciated
Hi, in answer to your second query, I have an issue regarding a 16 year old daughter that I have never met, has a different surname and pay CSA. Only found out in 2008 and she was the result of a one night stand! When we filled out our PR application after PNP nomination we did not include her in the IM0008 (Generic application form 1st one you fill in), but mentioned her on the additional family background form. After asking numerous questions about whether we can expect a medical request from her, all the answers were different and we still do not know for certain whether she will be requested to have a medical. But some people seem to suggest that because she was not mentioned as an non accompanying family member they probably wont, however we will just have to wait and see. I would include a statement of fact regarding this issue with your application and explain the situation (We didn't do this). It might be different if your OH was at one time married to the childs mother, or the child has the same surname? Like you if they do send a MR there is no way that we would be able to get her to have a medical?

You say that you have the medical request forms already or were you talking about the application guide information?

Hope this helps

Andrew
Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:50 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Another thread here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784876

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785980

Last edited by chiefmissile; Feb 7th 2013 at 11:52 am.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

chrissyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hi, in answer to your second query, I have an issue regarding a 16 year old daughter that I have never met, has a different surname and pay CSA. Only found out in 2008 and she was the result of a one night stand! When we filled out our PR application after PNP nomination we did not include her in the IM0008 (Generic application form 1st one you fill in), but mentioned her on the additional family background form. After asking numerous questions about whether we can expect a medical request from her, all the answers were different and we still do not know for certain whether she will be requested to have a medical. But some people seem to suggest that because she was not mentioned as an non accompanying family member they probably wont, however we will just have to wait and see. I would include a statement of fact regarding this issue with your application and explain the situation (We didn't do this). It might be different if your OH was at one time married to the childs mother, or the child has the same surname? Like you if they do send a MR there is no way that we would be able to get her to have a medical?

You say that you have the medical request forms already or were you talking about the application guide information?

Hope this helps

Andrew
Hey. No we haven't had Medical Requests yet. Seems to me like it was a mistake putting her as a dependant from the other threads? Looks like this could be a real head ache for us. Well I'm just going to fill out everything send it off with a covering letter and hopefully dig out some letters from the solicitors regarding full custody. I really cannot imagine she will sign anything , if it means causing problems for us shes there! Would be good to hear from someone in the situation and the outcome.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 4:16 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

It would have been a mistake to omit your fiances daughter in fact.