PNP for current job?

Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

molby will become famous soon enoughmolby will become famous soon enough
Default PNP for current job?

Currently living in BC on a BUNAC one year working hol permit, and my hubbie and I want to stay
My job qualifies for PNP and my boss is happy to give me a guaranteed job offer, so hubbie can apply for spouse visa and we can move towards PR. However we found the forms are all geared towards a vacancy - asking how long the position has been vacant and how long advertised for, but of course there is no vacancy cos it's my job!
Before I moved over for the job, they had a vacancy for 10 months, and the job was advertised nationally and internationally.
Has anyone else been in this position? Does my boss have to readvertize the role to show there's currently noone else out there with six months experience in this exact job
Old Mar 20th 2009, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

n1cholas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PNP for current job?

i had been in my job for 18 months and got the bc pnp no problems. that was a year ago though and am unsure if things have changed. We did not have to advertise the job and did not get a LMO.

Although it is not required, I think my boss wrote a letter explaining that I was an asset to the company and hiring someone else would be a significant investment of time and money, because of this they want to keep me on.

Hope this helps.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Good to know it's possible!! Do you know how your boss tackled the vacancy details in the application?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

n1cholas is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by molby
Good to know it's possible!! Do you know how your boss tackled the vacancy details in the application?
I think we said this was not a new position, and had not advertised the position, but did accept unsolicited resumes (most of our recruiting is by word of mouth). I suggest you look at the cost of getting you a TWP vs. the cost of hiring and training a new employee, and what you can bring to the company that others cannot.

Hope this helps.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

just to update my own thread, I finally managed to get through to a human in the BC immigration place and they gave me the following advice
- On the form give the number of months the position was advertised before I took it on my BUNAC visa
- Include evidence of the advertisement being placed - either a receipt or the ad itself
- Also include a cover letter with details of the situation

Basically, give as much info as poss and then they can assess it knowing the full details.

Hope this helps someone else navigate the pnp maze