Pnp & Bunac

Old May 28th 2004, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Karen S is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pnp & Bunac

Hi everybody, we are a family of 4 (2 adults aged 33, 2 children aged 7 and 3), and we are just starting to fill in the forms to immigrate to Canada (hopefully British Columbia). I am well aware that this whole process can take several years so I'm not getting too excited yet!

My husband would be the principal applicant - he is an IT professional.

My question is: should we apply in the normal way to the CHC, or should we look into the Provincial Nominee Program (I believe IT jobs are among those included in the program), or the BUNAC programme (mainly for students but you can apply up to the age of 35)? IE Which would be the quickest?

Thanks so much...
Old May 29th 2004, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

CJ6680 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pnp & Bunac

Bunac is not accepting applicants with kids now so thats no, just skilled worker class or work permit if you get a job offer, some IT jobs are exempt from hrdc approval so look into that.
Old May 29th 2004, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Karen S is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pnp & Bunac

Originally posted by CJ6680
Bunac is not accepting applicants with kids now so thats no, just skilled worker class or work permit if you get a job offer, some IT jobs are exempt from hrdc approval so look into that.
Thanks so much for your quick & informative reply!

We will continue filling in the forms, and see what happens when we send them to the CHC. Paul thinks he will have a visit towards the end of the year, and have a look at job opportunities then...

Thanks again!