Wikiposts

PNP acceptance letter received

Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:29 pm
Sloopy Lickinfanny

lincoln_2_vancouver is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PNP acceptance letter received

LOL........thanks live to ski ........yeah, i posted several questions basically asking the same thing , hoping i may get a useful reply lol.....thanks for answering and you were very helpful.
i think the way to go for me , as i need to be over asap, even though my house hasn't sold yet, is to get the piece of paper from PNP rep and apply for work permit at port of entry .
yeah, me heads gone a bit at the moment , i need to chill .

thanks again Tony
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

RedDragon will become famous soon enough

Hi Tony,

Congratulations! You're a little ahead of me. I applied to BC PNP on 5th Sept, so I'm still waiting at the moment. I also have an original SW application. I emailed CIC London, at the start of the year, to ask what would happen if you subsequently got a nomination... I can't remember exactly what they said, but it was along the lines of it would be no problem and they should be able to transfer some (/ all?) of the application fees to the new application. I'll see if I still have the email tonight.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 2:13 am
Sloopy Lickinfanny

Originally Posted by RedDragon
Hi Tony,

Congratulations! You're a little ahead of me. I applied to BC PNP on 5th Sept, so I'm still waiting at the moment. I also have an original SW application. I emailed CIC London, at the start of the year, to ask what would happen if you subsequently got a nomination... I can't remember exactly what they said, but it was along the lines of it would be no problem and they should be able to transfer some (/ all?) of the application fees to the new application. I'll see if I still have the email tonight.
thanks mate ...... i'm gonna call PNP BC later and ask them a few questions . I was hoping they could somehow link my current SW PR application with my PNP acceptance . Lets hope

thanks a lot Tony
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:14 am
Just Joined

RedDragon will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lincoln_2_vancouver
thanks mate ...... i'm gonna call PNP BC later and ask them a few questions . I was hoping they could somehow link my current SW PR application with my PNP acceptance . Lets hope

thanks a lot Tony
I found the email, this is what CIC London said:

If you have already sent a simplified application and if you are now
applying for a PNP and have received a PNP number; please write to us
quoting your B file number and send a PNP application forms, the letter
from the province, all other required documents and a letter requesting
us to close your current immigration file and the transfer of the fee to
the PNP application.
Note, that is what they said back in January 07 though, so I don't know if any of it would have changed. Also not sure if it would be the same if you had done the 'full' forms rather than the simplified one for the original SW application.

I think you will need to order police checks to send as part of the PNP PR application. They take up to 40 days (for the UK) so might be worth getting that going...

Hope that helps.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:47 am
Sloopy Lickinfanny

Originally Posted by RedDragon
I found the email, this is what CIC London said:

Note, that is what they said back in January 07 though, so I don't know if any of it would have changed. Also not sure if it would be the same if you had done the 'full' forms rather than the simplified one for the original SW application.

I think you will need to order police checks to send as part of the PNP PR application. They take up to 40 days (for the UK) so might be worth getting that going...

Hope that helps.

cheers mate yeah .....i sent mine before the simplified version was introduced. From what i gather i will have to cancel my original PR application and redo one for my PNP , which means paying fees again . Oh well, at least it's way quicker .
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

One other thing that I forgot to mention was that when you get the small rainforest in an envelope from BC PNP, in it will be about 10 bright green stickers - and I'm talking bright green.

You stick these on your various applications and on the envelopes that you send off to CIC, and I put them on the front of the FedEx packaging as well!

That was CIC knows to open yours first!!!!

It's very exciting!!!!!

Anyway L2V - what did BC PNP say when you phoned them?
Old Sep 27th 2007, 4:41 pm
Sloopy Lickinfanny

Originally Posted by live to ski
One other thing that I forgot to mention was that when you get the small rainforest in an envelope from BC PNP, in it will be about 10 bright green stickers - and I'm talking bright green.

You stick these on your various applications and on the envelopes that you send off to CIC, and I put them on the front of the FedEx packaging as well!

That was CIC knows to open yours first!!!!

It's very exciting!!!!!

Anyway L2V - what did BC PNP say when you phoned them?
yeah, i got my bright green stickies lol....... the PNP officer said that my current SW PR application couldn't be linked to my PNP acceptence. I will have to submit new PNP PR forms (with green stickies),and cancel my current application . As far as me work permit goes , just turn up at port of entry and apply then , taking with me, my PNP confirmation of acceptance and a signed copy of my job offer and $150.

i'm getting my head together a bit now.

thanks for the help Tony
Old Sep 27th 2007, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Oh the green stickers!

Glad things sound like they are working out more.

One thing most people on here do is make sure that they have copies or if possible the orginals of all sorts of paperwork that the IO MAY ask for.

Everyone says that they aren't asked for anything more than the basics (passport, job offer, PNP letter and $150) but better safe than sorry.....