PNP acceptance letter received

Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:41 am
Sloopy Lickinfanny

lincoln_2_vancouver is on a distinguished road
Default PNP acceptance letter received

I just received a letter of acceptance for PNP in BC WOOHOOOO . My question is what happens now , how long for the work permit and how long before i ought to be able to land ?.

thanks Tony
Old Sep 26th 2007, 6:37 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all
Default Re: PNP acceptance letter received

Originally Posted by lincoln_2_vancouver
I just received a letter of acceptance for PNP in BC WOOHOOOO . My question is what happens now , how long for the work permit and how long before i ought to be able to land ?.

thanks Tony
Tony

Firstly congratulations

Can you tell what happens with this process. I have had a Skilled Worked Application in since Feb 06 but I'm fed up of waiting so I have got a Consultant submitting a application for BC PNP.

KJM
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:19 am
Sloopy Lickinfanny

Originally Posted by KJM
Tony

Firstly congratulations

Can you tell what happens with this process. I have had a Skilled Worked Application in since Feb 06 but I'm fed up of waiting so I have got a Consultant submitting a application for BC PNP.

KJM
cheers mate .....pretty much the same here .i applied for PR as a skilled worker in june 06. the process was taking so long . i went to vancouver and found employment, i then got an agent and they applied for PNP BC on my behalf .
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:06 am
Sloopy Lickinfanny

Default confuddled

could someone help please ........i applied for PR as skilled worker aor june 06 , got job offer and applied for PNP BC , received acceptance sept 07 .
i understand a certificate of acceptance will be sent to the visa office ...will it be united with my existing PR application , i worry everything will be fragmented .. also,i need to go to vancouver as soon as possible as my new employer wants me to start ASAP . So do i need to apply for a work permit and how long will that take .....

thanks Tony
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:06 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

cheers mate .....pretty much the same here .i applied for PR as a skilled worker in june 06. the process was taking so long . i went to vancouver and found employment, i then got an agent and they applied for PNP BC on my behalf .
Do you mine me asking what job you do.

Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:08 am
Sloopy Lickinfanny

Originally Posted by KJM
Do you mine me asking what job you do.

no probs mate .. i found employment as a fabricator /welder .
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:11 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

no probs mate .. i found employment as a fabricator /welder .

Thanks for that mate....you are asking some good questions on the site ...everything that i need to know as well.

Is it that easy to find a job.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:03 am
Sloopy Lickinfanny

Originally Posted by KJM
Thanks for that mate....you are asking some good questions on the site ...everything that i need to know as well.

Is it that easy to find a job.
not so good that anyone is answering me LOL
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:06 am
Sloopy Lickinfanny

not so good that anyone is answering me LOL
well, me finding a job was pure accident or fate .......i was over there on hols and in a pub and met a brit. we got talking and he had recently emmigrated doing the same job as me .. he gave me his work card, i rang them, went for interview and the rest is history .
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:13 am
Sloopy Lickinfanny

Default port of entry

if entering with a PNP acceptance can i apply for a work permit at port of entry ?

thanks Tony
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about

Tony,

congrats on your PNP approval. how long did you wait for the approval...

Erick
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Tony

Congrats on the BC PNP acceptance letter. I assume that it is the fax that they send out ASAP that you have, that although exciting leaves you scratching your head. Don't worry, in a few days, a small rainforest will arrive on your doorstep explaining your next steps.

I submitted (well rather I did all the work and my employer rubber stamped it) my BC PNP on July 9th, and I got my acceptance letter on 15th August.

We are currently in Vancouver, orginally on BUNAC visas. Amongst the small rainforest from BC PNP, we got 2 letters.

1) To send off to CIC Vegrille to get our new WP
2) To send of the Bufallo for our PR

According to my case officer at BC PNP, from the day our WP application arrives in Vegrille, we have "implied WP status" so long as don't leave Canada. So make sure you courier it off and get a delivery receipt.

But, one of Mr Live to Skies co-workers was just here on a tourist visa until his BC PNP WP came through. He got to go down to the Peace Arch and collect WP there as PoE.

I asked my BC PNP case officer if we could do this as I feel a bit easy about the implied status, but he said that if IO at boarder is having a bad day it might be a hassle so best go with FedEx for Vegrille and Implied WP status.

I hope that helps and congrats again.

You might also be interested in following this timeline thread where people on PNP share their times for acceptance letter, WP, Med Requests, PR etc.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=pnp+timeline
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

My question is what happens now , how long for the work permit and how long before i ought to be able to land ?.
sorry, in all my ramlings I never really answered your question.

On your small rainforest it will give you your BC PNP case officer's contact details. Contact them and ask for a letter to receive you WP at PoE if you want to get over here ASAP.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: port of entry

See my reply to your other post.

The answer is yes if you have a letter from BC PNP supporting this.

Wait to see what BC PNP send you. If there isn't a letter then you can always contact your case officer and request one.

Remember that there will a letter re PR which will probably be for Bufallo, and another for WP which may be for PoE or maybe for the CIC office in Vegreille amongst others.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: confuddled

Wow - you poor thing - how many other posts have you put on here today about the same thing. It's a rollercoaster time.

WAIT FOR THE RAINFOREST IN AN ENVELOPE FROM BC PNP

That should answer about getting your WP.

As for PR....hhmm...we haven't been there....maybe someone else has....if not maybe speak with your BC PNP case officer (they are so helpful) and ask for advice.

Did you tell BC PNP abuot your exisitng SW PR application adn which office is went to and any reference numbers?

If you do submit your BC PNP put any reference or client numbers from your SW PR application and your BC PNP application on everything maybe so they can cross-refernce things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.