Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

plz help meMr.Miller/Mr.Jim Interview on FEB23,2004...no Passport Request till now !!

plz help meMr.Miller/Mr.Jim Interview on FEB23,2004...no Passport Request till now !!

Old Nov 1st 2004, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

sam5099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default plz help meMr.Miller/Mr.Jim Interview on FEB23,2004...no Passport Request till now !!

hi Mr.Miller or Mr.Jim,

i have just joined the forum today.grateful if you can advise me.as what to do ..is my delay abnormal ?

i had applied for PR in Dec 2001 in Buffalo ,i am living in the Dallas,US since.
got AOR in March 2002. I was approved in the PR interview on Feb 23rd,2004 conducted in LOS ANGELES( file was transferred there).....I had done my Medicals on JAN 23rd,2004 a month before the interview.

i havent heard from them since then, i am waiting for my Passport Request
which hasnt come yet.. and its been 8 months since my PR interview .my main worry is that my medicals will expire in only 2 months in JAN 2005.

i realise that you might say my background checks are going on now.
i applied for my CAIPS file check 2 weeks back thinking that this delay is getting unusual ..i am waiting for the CAIPS result..i had send my FBI clearance,California clearance and my native country clearance by March 15th,2004 i.e within 15 days after the interview day .

i would like to kindly ask you how i should proceed so that i can expedite the process...??.i tried FAXING the embassy but they dont reply.
what is your specific advice,Mr.Miller. ?

thanks,SAM
Old Nov 1st 2004, 2:17 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: plz help meMr.Miller/Mr.Jim Interview on FEB23,2004...no Passport Request till now !!

Nothing unusual here. Your case is waiting for result of background/security check - depending from your background, nationality, activities and associations, countries you resided in, etc. this task may take anywhere from several months to well over a year to complete. It has started after successful interview. And it has nothing to do with police certificates which only cover criminal check part.

Originally Posted by sam5099
hi Mr.Miller or Mr.Jim,

i have just joined the forum today.grateful if you can advise me.as what to do ..is my delay abnormal ?

i had applied for PR in Dec 2001 in Buffalo ,i am living in the Dallas,US since.
got AOR in March 2002. I was approved in the PR interview on Feb 23rd,2004 conducted in LOS ANGELES( file was transferred there).....I had done my Medicals on JAN 23rd,2004 a month before the interview.

i havent heard from them since then, i am waiting for my Passport Request
which hasnt come yet.. and its been 8 months since my PR interview .my main worry is that my medicals will expire in only 2 months in JAN 2005.

i realise that you might say my background checks are going on now.
i applied for my CAIPS file check 2 weeks back thinking that this delay is getting unusual ..i am waiting for the CAIPS result..i had send my FBI clearance,California clearance and my native country clearance by March 15th,2004 i.e within 15 days after the interview day .

i would like to kindly ask you how i should proceed so that i can expedite the process...??.i tried FAXING the embassy but they dont reply.
what is your specific advice,Mr.Miller. ?

thanks,SAM