Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Please urgent, i need an expert's answer

Please urgent, i need an expert's answer

Old Oct 30th 2004, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

yesabc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please urgent, i need an expert's answer

Hi
I got married my Canadian wife in June 2003 outside Canada after she had separation from her first husband in Oct 2002 but the dirvoce certificate issued in Oct 2003 ( after 4 months of our marriage), niether she nor I know that she got her divorce in Oct 2003 because one of her friends told her that he received her divorce certificate by mistake in April 2003 berore she leaves Canada, Also her lawyer told her the divorce happened in March 2003, My wife was blind at that time so she did not check the matter.
we discovered her divorce matter when she asked her parents in Canada to send us legal copy of her divorce certificate to attach it with my application, she never received the orignal one so she thought her divorce date was in march 2003 as her lawyer told her.
her parents sent her both of separation and divorce certificate, the separation date was oct 2002 but the divorce valid from Oct 2003, it took one year from separation date to get the divorce !!!!!!.
Now we applied as Common-Law Partner because our marriage will not be reconized by Canadian government.
Is it right to apply as common-law partner although we are married legally in my country?
we mentioned in our application that we are married legally and attached our marriage certificate, also we attached the separation and divorce certificate for my wife.
Now i can not divorce my wife because it will be mentioned in our new marraige contract that we had divorce before so the immigaration department will ask why i divorced my wife and why i remarried her again.
also i can not remarry her again because we are married legally, in my country getting marry more than one at the same time is allowed but also when you get marry, you must tell them about all your wives still under your sponsorship so i can not lie and say i am not married, it is crime in my country and it could leads me to jail if i did.

Please i need an expert's answer about my case, will they refuse our application or not and if that happened how can i coorect the situation to apply again?.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 11:57 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please urgent, i need an expert's answer

Originally Posted by yesabc
Hi
I got married my Canadian wife in June 2003 outside Canada after she had separation from her first husband in Oct 2002 but the dirvoce certificate issued in Oct 2003 ( after 4 months of our marriage), niether she nor I know that she got her divorce in Oct 2003 because one of her friends told her that he received her divorce certificate by mistake in April 2003 berore she leaves Canada, Also her lawyer told her the divorce happened in March 2003, My wife was blind at that time so she did not check the matter.
we discovered her divorce matter when she asked her parents in Canada to send us legal copy of her divorce certificate to attach it with my application, she never received the orignal one so she thought her divorce date was in march 2003 as her lawyer told her.
her parents sent her both of separation and divorce certificate, the separation date was oct 2002 but the divorce valid from Oct 2003, it took one year from separation date to get the divorce !!!!!!.
Now we applied as Common-Law Partner because our marriage will not be reconized by Canadian government.
Is it right to apply as common-law partner although we are married legally in my country?
we mentioned in our application that we are married legally and attached our marriage certificate, also we attached the separation and divorce certificate for my wife.
Now i can not divorce my wife because it will be mentioned in our new marraige contract that we had divorce before so the immigaration department will ask why i divorced my wife and why i remarried her again.
also i can not remarry her again because we are married legally, in my country getting marry more than one at the same time is allowed but also when you get marry, you must tell them about all your wives still under your sponsorship so i can not lie and say i am not married, it is crime in my country and it could leads me to jail if i did.

Please i need an expert's answer about my case, will they refuse our application or not and if that happened how can i coorect the situation to apply again?.
Assuming that Sharia Law applies in your country you should get an opinion from a recognized expert in that law as to whether your marriage is valid or not. If not then proceed as common-law partners.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Mr. Jim
Sharia law in my country says you can get marrry more than one wife at the same time but you can not get marry a woman not divorced yet even if this will be your first marraige .
so i do not know what will happen.
please i need to answer me if my application will be accepted and if will they accesss it as common-law or spouse ?.and after how long should i receive answer from mississauga regarding my application? they recieived my application on Oct, 15, 2004.
thank you
Old Nov 5th 2004, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Hi Mr Jim
Please i would like to know if my application will be processed as common-law, when should i hear from Mississauga?
My wife is my sponsor and she is qualified according to the questions in the application which we sent already to Mississauga, Do you think our case will be different case than any common-law case?
I sent my appication Oct,4 and they received it by Oct, 15, 2004.
Thank You
Old Nov 5th 2004, 8:56 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mr Jim
Please i would like to know if my application will be processed as common-law, when should i hear from Mississauga?
My wife is my sponsor and she is qualified according to the questions in the application which we sent already to Mississauga, Do you think our case will be different case than any common-law case?
I sent my appication Oct,4 and they received it by Oct, 15, 2004.
Thank You
Your wife should hear within about 4 to 6 weeks from the date the application was received in Mississauga. If she is qualified according to your understanding of the questions that should be OK. You will have to wait to hear what the CIC thinks.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi Mr. Jim
Your sound gives me a hint that our application will be refused!!, do you think it could happen? and if yes why?
it will be the most big problem for the future of my family, i have a girl from my canadian wife? my wife is waiting the date that will be together in Canada.
Please give me sincere answer about our case and what we should do from now to avoid that not to happen?
Thanks alot for your help
i appritiate it
Old Nov 6th 2004, 11:22 am

Hi Mr. Jim
Your sound gives me a hint that our application will be refused!!, do you think it could happen? and if yes why?
it will be the most big problem for the future of my family, i have a girl from my canadian wife? my wife is waiting the date that will be together in Canada.
Please give me sincere answer about our case and what we should do from now to avoid that not to happen?
Thanks alot for your help
i appritiate it
Everyone worries way too much about this. You will hear soon and it will probably be good news but no one can say here because we have not seen the whole case details.