Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Please help! refund of landing fee

Please help! refund of landing fee

Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:18 am
Just Joined

pansypeng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help! refund of landing fee

I and my husband applied for independent canada immigration and got approved. I am a principle applicant. I landed Canada last year and got marple card. But for some reasons, my husband couldn't land Canada before the immigration visa expire date. I know that he lost his immigration status. My question is if I should ask for refund of landing fee for my husband. I am worried if I send out the refund of landing fee for my husband, the Canada immigration will cancel my PR status? Should I send my husband's expired visa and CPR back to Canada Immigartion or not? Thank you so much for your reply.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:30 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help! refund of landing fee

Hi

Originally Posted by pansypeng
I and my husband applied for independent canada immigration and got approved. I am a principle applicant. I landed Canada last year and got marple card. But for some reasons, my husband couldn't land Canada before the immigration visa expire date. I know that he lost his immigration status. My question is if I should ask for refund of landing fee for my husband. I am worried if I send out the refund of landing fee for my husband, the Canada immigration will cancel my PR status? Should I send my husband's expired visa and CPR back to Canada Immigartion or not? Thank you so much for your reply.
Send the passport and COPR back and request a refund to the office that issued it. As you were principal applicant, it should have no effect on your status, unless you required his adaptibility points.

PMM

Last edited by PMM; Feb 10th 2006 at 1:31 am. Reason: expand answer
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

pansypeng is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, when we apply for immigration. We include his adapbility points.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

I don't think it has anything to do with you requesting refund, it's either you can keep your PR status or not in case he does not want to immigrate to canada anymore.
I would seek professional consultation on what to do, you might be required to inform CIC anyway but I dont know.