Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Please help panic mode- have i missed the chance to apply for PR?

Please help panic mode- have i missed the chance to apply for PR?

Old Sep 12th 2019, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Please help panic mode- have i missed the chance to apply for PR?

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Is your work permit location specific? Could you clarify under which NOC / PNP stream you originally applied... were you working in BC on an IEC previously? The list for PNP in the food and beverage / hotels / recreational is pretty specific.. and doesn't seem to include managers.. https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/87...July2.pdf.aspx

I applied under the skilled worker PNP stream as I've worked in hospitality management since 2014. I was not living in Canada when I applied, but I received a job offer from the company I now work for who paid the employer compliance fee etc.I was awarded the PNP with this job offer.

Old Sep 12th 2019, 8:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammilc
I applied under the skilled worker PNP stream as I've worked in hospitality management since 2014. I was not living in Canada when I applied, but I received a job offer from the company I now work for who paid the employer compliance fee etc.I was awarded the PNP with this job offer.
Sorry.. I had forgotten that...

The issue of the non compliance could still be an issue though - you really do need to talk with your case officer asap..
Old Sep 12th 2019, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Sorry.. I had forgotten that...

The issue of the non compliance could still be an issue though - you really do need to talk with your case officer asap..

I have contacted him but they take so long to get back to me

I was issued a 2 year TWP when I crossed the border- if the compliance thing is an issue will this mean I have to leave before that is up (it expires January 2021)?

I had planned to just live here for a year and then apply under CEC - even without the PN I have enough points to qualify (University educated with my decree accredited and also I have a brother who is a citizen living here).
Old Sep 13th 2019, 4:54 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I have contacted him but they take so long to get back to me

I was issued a 2 year TWP when I crossed the border- if the compliance thing is an issue will this mean I have to leave before that is up (it expires January 2021)?

I had planned to just live here for a year and then apply under CEC - even without the PN I have enough points to qualify (University educated with my decree accredited and also I have a brother who is a citizen living here).
I think the biggest issue may be that as your Provincial Nomination may have expired (as you haven't applied for PR) they may withdraw the nomination.. and because your work permit is linked to your nomination (i.e. it was issued because you are a Provincial Nominee) it may no longer be valid if the nomination is withdrawn. Page 80 - https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/14...ram-Guide.aspx

I'm not an expert on this and I may be completely wrong - hoping that Christmasoompa or Snowy or PMM will come along and give you the info you need until such time as you are able to get a response from your case officer. Do also read up on proof of funds for those already working in Canada with a valid job offer... https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...oof-funds.html
Keeping everything crossed for you!

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 13th 2019 at 5:00 am.
Old Sep 13th 2019, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

I just find it unbelievable that they would issue me a 2 year work permit and say nothing about it becoming void after 6 months if I don't apply for PR. The permit itself doesn't say anything about being linked to pnp. Feel like I'm living in a nightmare right now
Old Sep 13th 2019, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I just find it unbelievable that they would issue me a 2 year work permit and say nothing about it becoming void after 6 months if I don't apply for PR. The permit itself doesn't say anything about being linked to pnp. Feel like I'm living in a nightmare right now
The work permit isn't void though. They issued you a work permit for 2 years on the basis of the PNP nomination and that within 6 months you would apply for PR under the PNP and not wait to apply under CEC.
Old Sep 13th 2019, 2:29 pm
Banned

Provincial Nomination documentation clearly tells you that you must apply for PR within x number of days... if you failed to read it that isn't a mitigating factor - and you only got the work permit because of your nomination - it's unlikely that your employers would have been approved for an LMIA for the position you are holding.

The onus was on you to meet the requirements to retain your nomination... surely you didn't think you could get nominated, get a work permit and then not submit your application for PR?
Page 4 https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/cb...Guide.pdf.aspx
Congratulations on your nomination by the BC PNP! As a provincial nominee, you are now entitled to apply for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) under the Provincial Nominee Class.
Your BC PNP nomination is only valid for 180 days (approximately 6 months) – the expiry date is noted on your Confirmation of Nomination. Submit your complete application for permanent residence to IRCC as soon as possible
Call your case officer asap!