Please help, family class app.

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:35 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Kamloops, BC
Posts: 222
pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice
Default Please help, family class app.

Ok, so just started reading the "guide" that comes with the app forms, and it says my family members must complete certain forms even though they are not accompanying. Who exactly would this require to fill in forms?
And it also says i cant sponsor anyone i havn't mentioned on the form at a later date. How far should i go, i mean is parents and sibling adequate or do i go all the way to aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents etc??
Sorry to bother people but i though i had just about worked out what forms i required now i am so confused AGAIN!!!
Any help appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!!
pip_is_fab is offline  
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 1:34 pm
  #2  
Immigration Consultant
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,144
Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help, family class app.

Originally Posted by pip_is_fab
Ok, so just started reading the "guide" that comes with the app forms, and it says my family members must complete certain forms even though they are not accompanying. Who exactly would this require to fill in forms?
And it also says i cant sponsor anyone i havn't mentioned on the form at a later date. How far should i go, i mean is parents and sibling adequate or do i go all the way to aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents etc??
Sorry to bother people but i though i had just about worked out what forms i required now i am so confused AGAIN!!!
Any help appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!!
It should tell you on the forms who you have to list. On the main application form (IMM0008 Generic) it says you have to include "You
must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or
common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada"
. You then tick a box for each to say if these people are going to accompany you (i.e. you are including them in this application).\

Then, you and your spouse and any children who are over 18 has to fill in the form IMM0008 Schedule 1 - Background declaration (regardless of whether they are going to accompany you so if you have a 25 your old child that you arent ble to include on your application they still have to fill in one of these forms.

Then, the same group of people as above have to each fill in the form IMM5406 Additional Family information. And on this form each person has to include details of their parents, spouse, brothers and sisters and children.

You dont have to include aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents anywhere. This information isnt asked for so you could still sponsor these people at a later date (provided you meet the rules about whether or not you can sponsor them). What the mean is that if you have a spouse or adult children that you didnt declare on the forms then you cant turn around in 2 years time and attempt to sponsore them.

Hope this all makes sense!
Paul Wildy is offline  
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:24 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Kamloops, BC
Posts: 222
pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice
Default Re: Please help, family class app.

Originally Posted by NSpaul
It should tell you on the forms who you have to list. On the main application form (IMM0008 Generic) it says you have to include "You
must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or
common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada"
. You then tick a box for each to say if these people are going to accompany you (i.e. you are including them in this application).\

Then, you and your spouse and any children who are over 18 has to fill in the form IMM0008 Schedule 1 - Background declaration (regardless of whether they are going to accompany you so if you have a 25 your old child that you arent ble to include on your application they still have to fill in one of these forms.

Then, the same group of people as above have to each fill in the form IMM5406 Additional Family information. And on this form each person has to include details of their parents, spouse, brothers and sisters and children.

You dont have to include aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents anywhere. This information isnt asked for so you could still sponsor these people at a later date (provided you meet the rules about whether or not you can sponsor them). What the mean is that if you have a spouse or adult children that you didnt declare on the forms then you cant turn around in 2 years time and attempt to sponsore them.

Hope this all makes sense!
so would i need to mention my parents/brother at any point? I have put them on the IMM008egen under the details of family members, is that correct? and if they are on this do they need to be on any additional forms?
All this is SO confusing!!
pip_is_fab is offline  
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:46 pm
  #4  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please help, family class app.

You don't list parents or siblings on page 2 of IMM0008egen - you list there only your dependents, as clearly indicated.

You list parents in section 7 (father) and 8 (mother) of your Schedule 1 as well as in section A of your IMM 5406.

You list siblings only in section C of IMM 5406.
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:44 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Kamloops, BC
Posts: 222
pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice
Default Re: Please help, family class app.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You don't list parents or siblings on page 2 of IMM0008egen - you list there only your dependents, as clearly indicated.

You list parents in section 7 (father) and 8 (mother) of your Schedule 1 as well as in section A of your IMM 5406.

You list siblings only in section C of IMM 5406.
thanks once again mr miller!! I thought i got my head around it all then found my self in a muddle all over again!!
Thanks for helping me!!
pip_is_fab is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.