Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PLEASE HELP! Canadian Citizen Applying to Sponsor her Husband

PLEASE HELP! Canadian Citizen Applying to Sponsor her Husband

Old May 12th 2014, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

TheBaldricks is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation PLEASE HELP! Canadian Citizen Applying to Sponsor her Husband

Hi All,

Myself and my husband are nearly ready to send our sponsorship application and I am so nervous that we haven't done it right!

We have been so so detailed in our answers and have gone above and beyond to prove that we are a real couple and that I intend to move to Canada when they grant my Husband permanent residency.

I put all our supporting documents in a lever arch file with whole punches in them. We have now just read that they don't want folders. Does this mean that we have to re-print everything? Will they return the whole application if we send some documents (emails, flight research, references etc...) with whole punches in them?

We would be so grateful if someone could help us, we just want to move to Canada. :-(
Old May 12th 2014, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PLEASE HELP! Canadian Citizen Applying to Sponsor her Husband

I didn't use anything to attach my application together. Everything went loose in the envelope. I don't see why they would send the application back for having hole punches in them. As long as you haven't hole punched through any text..

As you're married you don't have to provide as much proof as those in common-law relationships, so I wouldn't stress too much about proving your relationship is legit (unless you got married 4 days after meeting each other )
Old May 12th 2014, 3:51 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Just pull it out of the folder and send it loose - don't worry about the hole-punches, as long as they haven't obscured any text. (If it's taken out a bit of one question on a form but your answer is fine then I wouldn't worry about that.)

Good luck!
Old May 13th 2014, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

TheBaldricks is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you burks & schnookololy,

I really appreciate your help!

We have just kept the documents loose and added cover letters to explain certain sections.

I'm getting stressed over everything now, just want to get it right and get it sent.