Please help.

Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:12 pm
TLB
Forum Regular

TLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the rough
Default Please help.

As you can see from our timeline our meds were taken mid April . I know that each case is different, taking varying amounts of time but we were informed by CHC at that time we should hear within 3 months. I know 'should' is the operative word with immigration but is there anything we can do. We have emailed them to check that they received AI, the meds and RPRF, their response was "Thank you, we have noted your comments"!!

Does anyone know if:
a) Are there 'penalties' for contacting CHC?
b) Is there anything we can do to find out our status as we want to get out there if we can before school starts again in September?
c) Does or has anyone else had GJC as a case officer?

As I've already stated I know each case is different and I know from reading other threads that people with timelines similar to ours have received their PPR but it is becoming increasing frustrating and disheartening.

Please advise before I cry!!

Tracey
Old Jul 29th 2006, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Please help.

Hi Tracey
Try not to panic :scared: , it all sounds quite normal and (judging by other threads that have a similar timelines to you) it's really just a matter of time. Some people just seem to hear back a little quicker. I put it down to the fact that each case office works at different speeds. Do you have any medical conditions that you know of that may hinder your application??

You don't get any 'penalites' for contacting CHC, although I think they do appreciate it when you don't contact them too much. Your email asking if they received your paperwork I would say is a 'reasonable request' - lets just say, they're not going to drop you to the bottom of processing pile because of an email! Just don't bombard them with phone calls/emails/ letters etc, if they replied to you with a Thank You, feel satisifed they did at least resond.

Just hang tight, it will all happen in good time, it may seem like a lifetime (I know, i'm only a month behind you and I haven't had med requests yet but I'm restraining myself from sending a "what's happening" email just yet) but you will hear from them soon enough.

And if you want to check your application just use the e-CAS status check on the cic.gc.ca website. If all goes through successfully and your meds are ok you will have something other that "In Process" on your file.

Good luck!!!
Lindsey
Old Jul 30th 2006, 6:22 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TLB
As you can see from our timeline our meds were taken mid April . I know that each case is different, taking varying amounts of time but we were informed by CHC at that time we should hear within 3 months. I know 'should' is the operative word with immigration but is there anything we can do. We have emailed them to check that they received AI, the meds and RPRF, their response was "Thank you, we have noted your comments"!!

Does anyone know if:
b) Is there anything we can do to find out our status as we want to get out there if we can before school starts again in September?

As I've already stated I know each case is different and I know from reading other threads that people with timelines similar to ours have received their PPR but it is becoming increasing frustrating and disheartening.

Tracey

Things are always most difficult at the end. Patience is the watchword im immigration and will help you to maintain your health physical and mental. You know that there is nothing to be done but sit and wait so take up golf and learn what real hell is like!
Old Jul 30th 2006, 8:13 am
TLB
Forum Regular

TLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by pinzo
Hi Tracey
Try not to panic :scared: , it all sounds quite normal and (judging by other threads that have a similar timelines to you) it's really just a matter of time. Some people just seem to hear back a little quicker. I put it down to the fact that each case office works at different speeds. Do you have any medical conditions that you know of that may hinder your application??

You don't get any 'penalites' for contacting CHC, although I think they do appreciate it when you don't contact them too much. Your email asking if they received your paperwork I would say is a 'reasonable request' - lets just say, they're not going to drop you to the bottom of processing pile because of an email! Just don't bombard them with phone calls/emails/ letters etc, if they replied to you with a Thank You, feel satisifed they did at least resond.

Just hang tight, it will all happen in good time, it may seem like a lifetime (I know, i'm only a month behind you and I haven't had med requests yet but I'm restraining myself from sending a "what's happening" email just yet) but you will hear from them soon enough.

And if you want to check your application just use the e-CAS status check on the cic.gc.ca website. If all goes through successfully and your meds are ok you will have something other that "In Process" on your file.

Good luck!!!
Lindsey
Lindsey, thanks for your empathy. I'm sure you understand my paranoia, I imagine everyone goes through the same but it does make your mind begin to wander... what if...and then a dozen scenarios!! We were contacted by the DMO to inform us that the med results were all fine and that we have nothing to worry about. I've only ever sent the one email hoping that a little more info would be given, but to no avail!! We do check ecas - in vain - but as I'm sure you've read it usually stays with 'in process' until you land!!! Now the kids have finished school even they lwait to see what the postman brings!! I know patience is a virtue but frustration I believe has taken over. Thanks again, I hope your med request arrives soon, but who knows!!!

Things are always most difficult at the end. Patience is the watchword im immigration and will help you to maintain your health physical and mental. You know that there is nothing to be done but sit and wait so take up golf and learn what real hell is like!
Thanks Jim, I'm usually a very patient person but instead of helping it maintain my health its driving me to insanity!!!
As for the golf - I injured myself playing it once and so perhaps won't try that one as I do want to get out to Canada!!!
Thanks,
Tracey
Old Jul 31st 2006, 7:38 am
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of

I contacted them to ask about mine and it was a good thing I did as the letter had gone to the wrong address. Then the second one got lost in post so i contacted again. very glad i contacted them both times.

let us know when you hear

(sorry for poor typing - arm in sling!)
Old Jul 31st 2006, 8:17 am
TLB
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by H143
I contacted them to ask about mine and it was a good thing I did as the letter had gone to the wrong address. Then the second one got lost in post so i contacted again. very glad i contacted them both times.

let us know when you hear

(sorry for poor typing - arm in sling!)
Thanks for that, its reassuring to know that you had to contact CHC to find out what was going on. What sort of reply did you receive? How long was your wait afer your meds before you contacted them? Was it just a mailing error that caused your first letter to go astray or was the actual address written incorrectly? Did you email them?
Sorry for all the questions but I'm sure you understand my frustration!!
Tracey
Old Jul 31st 2006, 7:27 pm
Enjoying being in Canada!

ExBritExAfrican is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I was in similar situation last year and ordered CAIPS to see what was the hold up. I found out that they wanted police checks for my non-accompanying ex-wife. I took care of that and within few weeks of sending the police certificates, I got PPR. So it might help to see your CAIPS notes to find out what is going on. It only costs $5 so it is good to have it in any case.

Best of luck.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 10:47 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TLB

Does anyone know if:

Tracey
Hi Tracey

This really is the worst part of the wait, especially if it seems like you are being over looked. We know that feeling all too well. We had our meds at the start of Oct 05 and received our visas end of Feb 06!!!!! There were people who were getting PPR weeks after meds and yet there were quite a few of us waiting (I would say patiently but that would be a lie!) and hoping it was our turn next.

We got our consultant to contact the CHC and I am fairly sure that is why we got our Visas when we did. There is no harm in contacting them after waiting for a reasonable amount of time.

So chin up and I will keep my fingers crossed that your PPR comes though very soon
Old Jul 31st 2006, 11:52 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Hi Tracey

This really is the worst part of the wait, especially if it seems like you are being over looked. We know that feeling all too well. We had our meds at the start of Oct 05 and received our visas end of Feb 06!!!!! There were people who were getting PPR weeks after meds and yet there were quite a few of us waiting (I would say patiently but that would be a lie!) and hoping it was our turn next.

We got our consultant to contact the CHC and I am fairly sure that is why we got our Visas when we did. There is no harm in contacting them after waiting for a reasonable amount of time.

So chin up and I will keep my fingers crossed that your PPR comes though very soon
In all my time in the visa service I dound that the average time from medical issuance to receiving the results at the visa office was about 4 months. Then it took a variable time for the visa office to send out the visas under that process. Background checks can still be in process as well and will take longer for those who have lived and worked or studied in other countries. Finally near the end of the year the visa office may be constrained from issuing the visas because they are reaching their annual target.

Last edited by Jim Humphries; Jul 31st 2006 at 11:54 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 1:12 am
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of

I emailed them and wrote a letter, signed for delivery. I didn't think they were going to reply but they eventually emailed back telling me my letter had been sent to my old address (their address changing department seems to be a little behind their letter sending out department!). The next letter just got lost in the Aussie post (as did my recent tax certificate for work) so after 3 weeks I emailed again asking them how long they expected to take and they very kindly sent another one 1st class, recorded delivery. The contact was very nice and asked me to let her know when I received it.

I sent my meds off about 3 weeks ago so I'm waiting too. Let's hope it's not four months!!

I'm going to email again soon to make sure she received the RPRF and meds so I might do a cheeky ask of how long she expects the next stage to be. I'll let you know. PM me if you like so I remember!

Hayley