PLAN B

Old Mar 2nd 2013, 3:48 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PLAN B

Did you think to apply under the new Trades Skilled Worker stream? Electricians are on the list and it's been open since January.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp

Group B – no sub-caps (2011 NOC code)

7241 Electricians (except industrial and power system)
7242 Industrial electricians
7243 Power system electricians
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by graham and george
I think Kaye5 went down that route and the application was approved within 1 year (going off the timeline)
Sort of - counting the process as from when our forms went to London it was within a year (in reality it's longer, but I don't think our route is one you would go down).

Originally Posted by jimmydean
I think a lot of people find out the latter overtakes the former...
We did, but there's no guarantee. Past performance is no indicator of future performance (or whatever the phrase is)!!

Having said that, is there a guarantee of being finalised in 18 months (given that they have now moved the goalposts again)?

Originally Posted by siouxie
Did you think to apply under the new Trades Skilled Worker stream? Electricians are on the list and it's been open since January.

Now there's an idea. Looks like a good alternative route, given what you have said so far.

I think you may have an alternative route(s) (some don't) but it boils down to IF you can stomach paying a second fee - and potentially losing it if FSW1 comes through faster! It's a gamble!

If you can't, then no point in considering alternative routes, just sit it out. It's not an easy decision.

All I can say is that we paid up - it paid off - and we've put the loss behind us (let's face it, you win some lose some - if I added up all the money we have "lost" over our lives (think of depreciating cars for just one example, money wasted on cigs and booze for another), I'd probably never sleep again.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Cubz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by siouxie

Hi Siouxie,
I understand from your post that the Skilled Trades visa route is open but I was under the impression that my credentials would require assessment prior to applying. Am I correct in thinking that CIC haven't announced where we can get this done yet or have I got this completely wrong????
Old Mar 5th 2013, 1:41 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cubz
Hi Siouxie,
I understand from your post that the Skilled Trades visa route is open but I was under the impression that my credentials would require assessment prior to applying. Am I correct in thinking that CIC haven't announced where we can get this done yet or have I got this completely wrong????
I think you have misread it, sorry.

According to CIC:

"...have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year** or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a provincial or territorial body..."

**Up to two employers can commit to employing you for at least one year of continuous full-time work, meaning at least 30 hours of work over a period of one week.

*** In Canada, only the provinces and territories can issue Certificates of Qualification in the skilled trades. To get this certificate, the provincial or territorial trades authority must assess your training, trade experience and skills to decide if you are eligible to write an exam to be certified.

http://www.red-seal.ca/[email protected]?#contact

So, if you don't have an offer of employment, you would need to go to the Provincial website and ascertain what their requirements are for the trade that you hope to apply to. They are the ones who will check your credentials.

Hope that helps and you are able to apply.

You can also see the Provincial Regulatory bodies or associations by going to the www.workingincanada.gc.ca website and inputting the trade then select the 'education and training' box.

Old Mar 6th 2013, 5:01 am
Just Joined

Cubz is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=siouxie;10586312]I think you have misread it, sorry.

According to CIC:

"...have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year** or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a provincial or territorial body..."

**Up to two employers can commit to employing you for at least one year of continuous full-time work, meaning at least 30 hours of work over a period of one week.

*** In Canada, only the provinces and territories can issue Certificates of Qualification in the skilled trades. To get this certificate, the provincial or territorial trades authority must assess your training, trade experience and skills to decide if you are eligible to write an exam to be certified.

http://www.red-seal.ca/[email protected]?#contact

So, if you don't have an offer of employment, you would need to go to the Provincial website and ascertain what their requirements are for the trade that you hope to apply to. They are the ones who will check your credentials.

Hope that helps and you are able to apply.

You can also see the Provincial Regulatory bodies or associations by going to the www.workingincanada.gc.ca website and inputting the trade then select the 'education and training' box.

Thanks again Siouxie,
I was aware of the above but just wondered if my credentials also needed to be assessed by CIC at the application stage Its all such a minefield :-)
Old Mar 6th 2013, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

Personally I would go the LMO route, as soon as you have 1 year completed then go the PR route.

I know it's a risk but its also risky with the PR in hand. This is how I did it and the PR took 8 months to completed and now m looking at citizenship in 2014.

Take a look at Tarpon Energies site as they recruit from outside Canada and support LMO's..

Good luck

Roger
Old Mar 6th 2013, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

Here's a link to their careers page......

http://tarponenergy.hgcareers.com/en...ch&searchPage=

Roger
Old Mar 6th 2013, 6:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aqua
Personally I would go the LMO route, as soon as you have 1 year completed then go the PR route.
Why wait for a year? Most people can apply for PR as soon as the are working in Canada.