Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Pick up visas by someone else in Buffalo??

Pick up visas by someone else in Buffalo??

Old Oct 31st 2004, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

dimon237 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pick up visas by someone else in Buffalo??

I have a question to our experts. A while back, when I had to get a Visitor Visa very urgently, I was able to ask a friend of mine to cross the border and get the visa for me. I had to give him my passport, application, fees and a letter authorizing him to do that.

The question is: if I get a pp request letter, can I authorize someone to go to Buffalo and recieve a visa for me?

I would be very nice, as it's only 1.5 hours drive from Toronto, I could wait for him in Niagara Fall, ON and land right there, all in one day. Is that possible?

Thanks.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Pick up visas by someone else in Buffalo??

Originally Posted by dimon237
I have a question to our experts. A while back, when I had to get a Visitor Visa very urgently, I was able to ask a friend of mine to cross the border and get the visa for me. I had to give him my passport, application, fees and a letter authorizing him to do that.

The question is: if I get a pp request letter, can I authorize someone to go to Buffalo and recieve a visa for me?

I would be very nice, as it's only 1.5 hours drive from Toronto, I could wait for him in Niagara Fall, ON and land right there, all in one day. Is that possible?

Thanks.
Mr. Miller, I would apreciate your input. Thanks alot.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 2:42 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it may be possible with properly notarized authorization. But most of the time Buffalo is unable to issue visa the same day - passports submitted in person on Tuesday are ready on Thursday and passports submitted on Thursdays are ready next Tuesday.

Originally Posted by dimon237
Mr. Miller, I would apreciate your input. Thanks alot.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Yes, it may be possible with properly notarized authorization. But most of the time Buffalo is unable to issue visa the same day - passports submitted in person on Tuesday are ready on Thursday and passports submitted on Thursdays are ready next Tuesday.
Thank you very much. At least it's worth a chance. Some people in this forum were able to acomplish everything in one day. It's too early for me anyways , but when I do finally get the pp request, I think I'll try this. I'll keep people here posted.